Jambands.ca

Maria Muldaur

Kanada Kev

For anyone who wants to see/hear a fantastic singer, i encourage you to check out the great Maria Muldaur.

She's back for a two night stand at Hugh's Room in Toronto.

Maria has pretty much sung it all. Everything from gospel to folk to rock. She was a backup singer for Jerry Garcia for a number of years in the 70s and worked closely with Merl Saunders and sang in Grenwich Village with Dylan in the early 60s. Take a look at her accomplishments:

http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:2hrsa93gb23u

Hugh's Room

Tue 05/08/07 Maria Muldaur

Wed 05/09/07 Maria Muldaur

Great venue too! Excellent food, service and music :)

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

Nice I love Maria Muldaur.

Her classic "Midnight at the Oasis" is a spectacular tune with a great guitar solo from Amos Garett.

She also use to sing backup in the Jerr Garcia Band int he late 70s. She appears on 1978's "Cats under the Stars".

She also used to be a smokin' hottie back in the day

p03089n40g0.jpg

She's holding up pretty good now too...

MariaMuldaur-65-8x10web.jpg [color:red]Cougarlicious raaaaar!

I had Maria in at PJC last year and it was a blast. Her voice has changed

considerably since Midnight at the Oasis though. She's a full on blues singer now

and has been doing pretty well for herself. If you like the blues go to the show.

Bob Dylan recently gave her a slew of songs to record and I’m looking forward to

hearing them.

“November 9, 2006: "Heart Of Mine" reaches #1 on the Billboard Blues Chart

New album by Maria Muldaur on Telarc - Maria Muldaur sings Love Songs Of

Bob Dylan.â€

I had Maria in at PJC last year and it was a blast. Her voice has changed

considerably since Midnight at the Oasis though. She's a full on blues singer now

and has been doing pretty well for herself. If you like the blues go to the show.

I totally wanted to make it to that show but I couldn't. Sorry about that. Next time though I'll do my best.

I last saw her at Hugh's Room a few years ago. It was the day after Merl Saudners had his stroke. I spoke to her between sets. Didn't want to be a bummer, but I knew that she'd need to hear the news about her good friend. She was so appreciative and commented on the fact in her second set. She also deadicated the next song to him (one that she recorded with him) "Gee Baby Ain't I Good To You" http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/wma-pop-up/B00000AFQV001004/ref=mu_sam_wma_001_004/105-3174690-1326840

Bob Dylan recently gave her a slew of songs to record and I’m looking forward to

hearing them.

I gotta hear this album! Didn't know about it until today. Thanks!

http://www.mariamuldaur.com/news.shtml

B000GIWGX0.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V60170364_.jpg

Edited by Guest