Jambands.ca

BLUES IN THE HAMMER

Crystal_Tears

Thanks for posting this CT.

Should be a fantastic show. I heard he "kills it" out east.

Opening the Hamilton show will be The Smoke Wagon Blues Band.

Cover will be $10

Show starts at 8pm.

Garrett Mason was raised in Truro, Nova Scotia by his mother Pam, and father, veteran Canadian Bluesman DUTCH MASON. His quest to become a blues musician started at a very early age; being surrounded by music and especially blues music, Garrett’s favorite tapes at 3 years old were Canned Heat and Buddy Rich. His list of influences is long indeed and topping that list are blues legends Albert Collins and Albert King. What really sealed the deal for Garrett to become a blues guitarist came after watching a video of Stevie Ray Vaughn “Live At the El Mocambo†- he was hooked.

Garrett launched his debut CD, I’m Just a Man, at the 2004 Harvest Jazz and Blues festival in Fredericton, NB. This debut CD features Garrett’s talent for strong original songwriting, a voice that has the feel of a veteran performer plus an extraordinary aptitude for playing the electric guitar. The late Rick Jeffery once said that “Garrett is the only guitar player I know that can play Albert Collins’ style down to a Tâ€.

In the past few years Garrett won the 2005 JUNO for "Best blues CD Of The Year" along with the 2005 MAPLE BLUES AWARD for "Best New Artist". He's spent time touring throughout festivals all around Ontario, Quebec & the Maritimes (opening for B.B. King & Delbert McClinton) and is now looking forward to expanding into new territories. Plans have already been made to play at festivals in the US and France, plus a brand new CD is in the works.

www.pepperjackcafe.com