Jambands.ca

Thoughts on The Roots Show

Woolner

If you were there, What'd you think?

Overall good show but way too long to be waiting around for them to come on stage. 3 hours at least! Total bullshit. I also thought the Guitar, Bass and Keyboard solos were weak. Actually that's an overstatement. they just plain sucked. The jams that came from them were mighty cool, but the solos were boring, talentless and pretentious. This was all made up for by the fantastic show put on by Questlove and the percussionist. Absolutley unbelievable. The two of them were on firer all night. Especially You Got Me. The percussion jam was off the wall! oh yeah, the sound wasn't good. Tin boxes don't tend to create good acoustics.

Im out,

Woo

I have to agree with you on the wait time before the show. The ticket says doors at 8 so i figured they would be on by 9:30/10ish. By 11 I was getting pissed off. The opener was garbage... I started drinking too early and it was too hot in there.

The show itself was alot of fun. No problems with that except I couldent hear a word they were saying. The sound at the Kool Haus is really inexcusable.

The way out,,,ahh, the way out

Coat check was hell...I should have known better but I took the bus so I couldent have left it anywhere. 20-30 min to get my coat on the way out, shoving, pushing.

All in all though it was a good night, aside from some minor problems.

Archived