Jambands.ca

Toronto's LAURA BARRETT, Halfiax's SUPERFANTASTICS (Casbah Lounge)

whiteymuseum

[color:green]Cincinnati Records Proudly Presents

SUNDAY MARCH 2, 2008

Casbah Lounge (unit B, beside the concert venue)

306 King St W || 905-521-4441 || http://www.casbahlounge.ca

9PM || LIC-AA || $5 at the door

LAURA BARRETT

THE SUPERFANTASTICS

SARAH GOOD

plus RYAN FERGUSON spinnin' the vibe setters 'fore, 'tween & 'fter the live acts

Laura Barrett (from Toronto, ON)

293291439_l.jpg

A classically-trained pianist and self-taught everything else-ist, I'm currently focusing on a solo kalimba project, wherein I sing whimsical ditties about amorphous terror, planned obsolescence, and mind-body dualism.

My independently-released EP, "Earth Sciences," is being re-issued by Paper Bag Records February 25th, so watch out for it in your local stores!

At Soundscapes in Toronto, you can find my second EP, "Ursula" (Ta Da! Records), which features the hugely talented Richard Carnegie on double bass, and a music video for "Robot Ponies." However, if you're one of the 5.996 billion people who do not live in Toronto, please e-mail me at laurabarrettmusic (at) gmail dot com to figure out how to get your hands on it.

The Superfantastics (from Halifax, NS)

l_146bc7211782301eb836bf47247cdb43.jpg

With Pop-Up Book, The Superfantastics have delivered ten songs that take pop music back to its essentials. Melodic, dynamic and arranged with a unique sensibility, each track harkens back to a school of song craft made famous in the mid to late 60's. The collection strays between a focused minimalism to a driving wall of sound, all the while keeping songwriting in the spotlight. Made up of Matt MacDonald (guitar, vocals) and Steph d'Entremont (drums, vocals), the band has been performing dates throughout the East Coast for over a year now. In May of 2006 they released the acclaimed EP, Like Letters, only to sell out of the initial pressing. The video for the single "What Will You Do Now?" was featured on MuchMusic's The Wedge, Going Costal and was added into rotation on Bravo TV.

Sarah Good (from Hamilton, ON)

l_1ce0dfef85ab00fd5f76f00a67b874ef.jpg

View it: