Jambands.ca

TONIGHT IN HAMILTON: PERPETRATORS, $4 MICROBREW PINTS, PATIO OPEN!!!

kc

This Tuesday...

Winnipeg's

THE PERPETRATORS

with

SNOWHEEL SLIM & The BOOGIE INFECTION

and

MICHELLE TITIAN

$4 microbrew pints.

@ Pepper Jack's

www.pepperjackcafe.com

38 King William St. (between James and Hughson)

(905)525-6666

$5, 19+ , 10pm

www.theperps.ca

"J Nowicki has been my favorite guitar player since we were both 15 years old at the Blue Note Cafe in Winnipeg... & it's taken over 15 years for me to get over my initial fear, which has only subsided into a tingling sort of awe. The Perps' committment to the things they have loved (& mastered) since they were kids, is a template for what every artist should endeavour to achieve. Ironically it's their dedication to the tradional elements of blues, country music, & dirty rock & roll, that, combined with just the inevitable doses of ingenuity & personality, makes them possibly the most honest & unique band i've ever heard. In this arena, there is no other band that i know who can touch them."

- Luke Doucet

"These guys know what I'm talking about... when we're playing, I can feel the Wolf looking down and smiling."

- Hubert Sumlin, blues legend; long-time Howlin' Wolf guitarist; Jimi Hendrix and Eric Clapton's favorite guitar player

"I didn't see one unhappy person all night."

- Barb Wynnyk, co-owner of the Auditorium Hotel, Nanton, AB

"The Perpetrators have made the blues tent in Canada bigger."

- Shelagh Rogers, host of CBC's Sounds Like Canada

Once a not-so-well-kept secret in their hometown of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada - where they acted as house band for visiting blues legends Hubert Sumlin, Louisiana Red, Paul "Wine" Jones and others - The Perpetrators kicked things up a notch in 2006. A European tour capped off a Juno nomination and a win at the Western Canadian Music Awards. 2007 saw the band continue to expand and grow with the release their third album, "Tow Truck" - an uncompromising expression of their varied musical influences that never loses sight of their blues roots - followed by the recording of a soon-to-be-released live album and a very successful second European tour which including the recording of live radio specials in Germany and Belgium.

"Blues for people who hate blues," they distill rock 'n' roll, punk and country into their heady houserockin' punch. Give them a stage, any stage and they'll put on the best show they can for whoever's there. Each one is a seasoned pro on their instrument of choice but, never afraid to take chances, the boys are fond of switching it up in an onstage game of musical chairs. To quote a much used and abused cliche, The Perpetrators have to be seen to be believed.

Edited by Guest