Jambands.ca

MARTIN!!!!!!!!

guigsy

alright....3:39am...just got back from Guelph, from the Martin Tielli & Operation Infinite Justice show, with Christine Fellows and Bottleneck.....

first of all, what a triple bill!!! the 2 opening acts are definately worth a second look at one of their own shows. bottleneck has a great bluesy feel with some fierce female vocals. Christine Fellows plays a mean piano, and along with her Viola player and o.i.j., she won herself a new fan for sure...quality tunes.

now, Martin Tielli. holy shit. not that this needs to be qualified, but i've seen Martin/Rheostatics/Martin side projects for years now, im a huge fan, and i have to say that i have never seen him perform better than what i saw tonite. unbelievable. o.i.j. is a crazy good band, with tons of energy and excitement, and the 2 of them compliment each other extremely well. the setlist included every Martin solo gem you'd ever wanna hear, from all 3 solo efforts...the nick buzz collaboration, his solo acoustic disc, and the newest with o.i.j.... and it also included a couple of rheos tunes (for any fans, they pulled out Shaved Head, and i'd be surprised to learn that the Rheos had ever done it better...maybe only on the double live....maybe). i think it might have been the perfect set. hahaha. every time they pulled something out, i was shaking my head saying "shit, i was hoping they'd play this!"...to add to the dynamic, christine fellows and her viola player (i forget her name, something gunter...) sat in for a large portion of the show, which just made it all sound so much more filled-out.

anyone who was there knows what im talkin about, and anyone who missed it, man, dont make that mistake again. hahaha. if they're comin to your town, GO SEE IT!!!! you wont be disappointed....these guys get my vote for best canadian band playing in canada right now, for sure.

im still reelin'.....

I couldn't agree with you more Scott. The Hamilton show is currently in the front running for the best live performance that I have seen in all of 2003. Tielli is a true genius. He's personable, intelligent, poetic, and musically talented. He plays the guitar as though the instrument never leaves his hand: It's merely an extension of his body and soul.

Very impressive!

Archived