Jambands.ca

Haiti Fund-Raiser in Ottawa Friday

bradm

I'm on Jesse Stewart's mailing list, and the latest edition has info on a fund-raiser for Haitian earthquake relief:

Dear friends,

I hope this email finds you all well. I am emailing to let you know about a special fundraising concert that will take place tomorrow (Friday January 22nd) at 12 noon at Carleton University. All of the money raised will go to disaster relief efforts in Haiti. Very sorry for the short notice on this, but I feel as though it is important that we rally support as soon as possible given the urgency of the situation and also the opportunity to receive matching funds from the federal government for any money that we raise. Carleton music will be organizig another major fundraising initative in the weeks to come.

Please forward the attached poster and press release (also reprinted below) as you see fit. Ihope to see you there.

With thanks and best wishes,

Jesse

Press Release

The School for Studies in Art and Culture presents:

“One, Two, Three for Haitiâ€

Solos, Duos, and Trios featuring:

John Kofi Daapah on piano

Linsey Wellman on saxophones and flutes

Jesse Stewart on drums

WHEN: Friday January 22nd, 2010 12 noon – 1pm

WHERE: Loeb Building Tower A, Room A900 (Studio A)

HOW MUCH: pay what you can

ALL PROCEEDS WILL GO TO DISASTER RELIEF EFFORTS IN HAITI.

This special fundraising concert will feature a Carleton University music professor (Jesse), an alumnus of the Carleton music program (Linsey), and a current music student at Carleton (John), who will be performing together for the first time.

John Kofi Daapah is an exceptionally gifted young pianist in both the worlds of classical music and jazz. Definitely someone to watch.

Since receiving his bachelor of music from Carleton University in 2001, Linsey Wellman has become an in-demand improviser on alto and soprano saxophones, alto and standard flutes and bass clarinet. He has played and recorded with a wide variety of musicians and has performed at festivals throughout Canada and around the world. Percussionist Jesse Stewart is a recent addition to Carleton University’s School for Studies in Art and Culture where he now teaches music composition. American music critic Frank Rubolino has described him as “one of the finest young percussionists on the scene today.†This will be the first time that the three of them will perform together.

All proceeds for this concert will be donated to relief efforts in Haiti.

For more information about this event, contact Jesse Stewart at jesse_stewart@carleton.ca or (613) 520-2600 ext. 4348.

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest