Jambands.ca

Bill Kreutzmann Wants East Coast Grateful Dead 50 Shows

Esau.

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/125690/Bill-Kreutzmann-Wants-East-Coast-Grateful-Dead-50-Shows

Bill Kreutzmann Wants East Coast Grateful Dead 50 Shows

----

Yesterday PBS News Hour premiered a feature on 50 years of Grateful Dead. Correspondent Jeffrey Brown led the program's team on a trip to Chicago to cover this weekend's Fare Thee Well performances and scored an impromptu interview with drummer Bill Kreutzmann. When Billy was asked whether Sunday night was truly it for the members of the Grateful Dead, Kreutzmann hedged his bet.

"I would like it to do — to do it more. Between you and me and all your lovely fans, I would like to have a couple more shows on the East Coast," the drummer revealed. "I want to do it for the fans again because we had such amazing support in the East Coast from Deadheads," Kreutzmann added. "They deserve concerts like everybody does."

Billy made it clear it's just his opinion the band should have played East Coast shows and there are no more shows planned at this time. There are mixed feelings from fans regarding the possibility of additional performances. On one hand, Sunday's finale was such a perfect way for the "core four" to go out, but on the other hand there were too many moments of magic at Fare Thee Well for the musicians to never assemble again.

Kreutzmann's thoughts on East Coast GD50 shows are just one interesting part of PBS News Hour's interview with the drummer. Watch the entire chat: