Estimated Prophet

The Wheel

The Other One

solos/stuff

Dear Prudence

Bird Song

One More Saturday Night

E: Brokedown Palace

It was good to see Bobby with the bushy beard and Lanny McDonald-esque moustache wingspan still rockin'-out like the legendary rock star he is. SOLID opening set starting with Jack Straw, Bertha, Bird Song - sweet. The band was sounding super tight and very Dead-ish, complete with Jerry style leads from the guitarist - but without the dark-side. The venue was awesome - best in town, very cool about the excessive pot smoking going on - plus the opium smoking (I almost choked on the smell at first) and the ???(insert questionable drug here)??? smoking as well - it was pretty ridiculous actually... There was also some kind of fisticuffs going on inside the bar as well at some point. I didn't see anything, but was told by many others about it. Otherwise, it was an awesome night. I heard great things about the Slammin Jack afterparty at The Media Club as well, unfortunately I was in no shape to be in public by that point... By all accounts, it was a stellar show. (go see them!) If anyone can add to the tale, please giv'er..

Archived