Jambands.ca

nero log, stardate 122801

Velvet

nero @ Baba's, Charlottetown

Pulled into Charlottetown and scored some sweet rooms at a hotel a block from the venue. Ate an amazing and well needed meal in the hotel's swank restaurant and headed to Baba's. Small room, kinda pub-like. Word must have gotten out since nero played this room last summer - good crowd came out. nero was set up between two of the four booths in the place, which was a bit unnerving 'cuz the other two booths filled with people staring at the band from about a foot away. Especially unnerving for Shane, who got hit on all night by a man in his early forties.

nero rocked out, playing one of the best Condor's I've heard. Special mention has got to go to the guy who walked up to the band, gave them a quick nod and then just exploded into a frenzy of flailing groove/breakdancing for the rest of the second set. That guy must be sore.

After the show a couple of guys invited us to an after hours place for some drinks. The next four hours are pretty much my highlight for this mini-tour, and I think Jay and Shane would agree (Dave decided to sleep instead of joining us). The only thing our hosts asked of us is that we keep the place under our hats. I'll respect that by saying no more here, except that the next time we're in Charlottetown, we'll be back (please!).

Next afternoon, tired and giddy, we headed to Tim Horton's (their coffee is tour crack) and set off for nero's first ever show in Halifax.

Quote of the day: (to Shane) "C'mon, just show me your pecker!"

Definitely a fun night at Baba's, and good to meet the nero cats. It just happened that that particular night was the one night of my whole 10 day holiday that I couldn't stay up late night (its gonna take me a month to dry out) so I missed going over to the club with the boys. I can just imagine that your friendly hosts were slightly inebriated- we had been at a party earlier that night. Anyway, looking forward to the next chance to see nero play....cheers and happy new year.