Jambands.ca

Herbaliser and The Mind at Large last night

CyberHippie

Last night was awsome!

The free herbaliser show at the harbor front was amazing! Good to see everyone make it out, KevO and ScottieKing I'm sure you guys loved it just as much as I did. I'd pay for worse shows than that! Perfect summer night on the lake!

Then, The Mind at Large at the cozone afterwords was pretty sweet! Nice solid rockin jams! Everyone that was there was really digging them. Good to see you again SaraBelle. Up to the roof for a little goodness (if you haven't been on the roof yet your really missing out!), then back down for some crazy strings, then back down to the pit for second set.

All in all and wicked night of free music in the city. Wednesday nights at College and Spadina rocks!

Agreed! Second time puttin down the 401 in less than a week and worth every gallon.

In a complete opposite to MMW show, sun and warmth. DJ Serious was O.K. I liked his selection but his spinning would be later put to shame.

The Herbalizer (Band, although I think they're officially dropping the monikier) came out to a large but largely subdued crowd. Instantly, I could sense the tightness. Now the only part of the show I at first didn't dig was the constant cheerleading from the trumpet player. I say, let the music speak for itself.

But that it soon did. All members (eight) were extremely talented but kudos go to Keyboard 1 for funkin it up all night, the Woodwind player (tenor sax and flute) and of course the DJ who is the most flawless live spinner I've ever seen (Kid K included) The crowd all the way back to lake was lovin it and by the time the band had lit that huge spliff on stage for the encore, converts, all of them.

Sometimes the universe pays you back and last night I got a free show that'll keep me smilin til Phil.