Jambands.ca

Ottawa Fringe Shows

Tonberry

Hey all,

It's Ottawa Fringe Festival time, and there's a couple shows out there some of you might wanna check out.

The Fringe Festival shows generally cost 8$ on their own, but they also have this insane notion that you want to pay more money, so they have this sur-charge thing. Basically, you have to buy a 2$ button to get into any shows at all. This is a one time thing, though, so you don't have to buy a new button every show. I think it's a pretty horrible thing to do, but I guess that's how they make money.

First:

PTOINK!

This is a show about Russian Communist Starwars. Or at least that's what they told me. It's pretty well just a bunch of us doing crazy shit and having fun. What kind of crazy shit? Like trading audience members for robots, rolling small children in wagons at do-gooders, and most importantly, singing kareoke with small ape-like creatures.

This show features Me, Tonberry, as one of 7 "talented" comedians performing this wonder of a show.

(HARD TO FIND! It's in The University Centre/Jock-Cartier Building. If you get lost, don't ask for Alumni theatre, ask for The University Centre. Asking for Alumni Theatre usually gets you directed to Academic Hall...)

SHOW TIMES --

Tuesday, June 25th @ 8:30pm

Friday, June 28th @ 5:00pm

Saturday, June 29th @ Midnight (This show will be abandonning what little order we have and we'll be going all-out crazy)

Sunday, June 30th @ 3:30pm

Length: 40 mins,

Price: 8$

NOTE -- Today at Noon-ish A couple of the other cast members and I will be on the CHUO show 'laughing gas'. I have no idea what we'll be talking about, but you may want to tune in if you're at all thinking about looking in on this show. So that's 89.1FM @ noon today.

Hope so see some o' you skanks there. [big Grin]

Stapes said a lot of you would dig on this show:

Cobra: The Musical

Blurb:

When an evil terrorist organization needs money, they can only turn to one man... William Shakespeare. See Cobra Commander, Destro, Serpentor and all your favorite Cobra operatives attempt to raise funds, by putting on their very own production of Hamlet. This is the story of how it fails miserably... WATCH!

(I saw the publicity stuff for this show and it looked great. The guy playing the commander was fully dressed up like him, and even had the annoying squeaky voice from the cartoon. This is the only show that caught my eye...)

Arts Court Theatre (By the Rideau Centre)

Times:

Monday, June 24th @ 7:00pm

Tuesday, June 25th @ 5:30 pm

Thursday, June 27th @ 10:00pm

Saturday, June 29th @ 2:00pm

Saturday, June 29th @ 9:00pm

Sunday, June 30th @ 3:30pm

Price: 8$

Running Time: 60mins.

what a crime....

ummm...honey, cutie, sweetie, baby---i forgot your new address (it's sitting here in my printer still [Frown] ) and you have no phone [Confused] ....sorry sexy girl...i didn't mean to keep you waiting on me?

[Razz] i sincerely hope you can forgive me Ms. Huxxx [Roll Eyes] ...afterall you know what they say about forgiveness---it's better to give than to receive (BTW: that line also works with gifts, and anal sex [Eek!][Eek!][big Grin] ) [Razz]

Sooooooooooo, Treyter skipped out on plans with you as well eh MrsH?

I drank all night waiting for him to show up for drinks...............

fugger, looks like he is getting into the 'bad' habit of making more than 1 plan, and going wherever his dick leads him, not caring about whomever he hurts in the process.

(No worries, I was young and selfish once too)