Jambands.ca

How were the Ledges???

Schwa.

oh schwa. you missed a fun time. if you really want the details, i'll start it off and keri can fill in the holes - i didn't get there til saturday, so i missed the friday night with hookah.

SO!

i left early saturday morning from chatham, solo mission since the others went on friday (i had to work). it took me almost 6 hours since i took some unplanned routes, but the weather was nice and that part of ohio is pretty. this park, i don't know if you've been there, but it is Sweet!! it's a nice size, and the camping is good b/c there are lots of trees, unlike hookahville. a little more privacy. and nice for all-night campfires. anyway, there's a little lake right in the middle, and a beach area, and it's all right close to the stage for a nice beach-concert atmosphere. and it was nice and intimate, you could get right up there and see right up their noses if you wanted, almost. after some beach time and an unsuccessful attempt at a nap, we made it over to the stage to see yonder mountain string band. they were Fun! it was realy hot, but no matter. we just sweated happily. so ymsb was fun, good old bluegrass. then after a break, derek trucks came on. it was my first time seeing these guys (i've seen derek w/abb tho) and man they rocked my ass. derek is really a phenomenal guitar player, as if no one knew that already. they got a little horn section for a couple tunes, some guys from a band earlier in the day called 'either orchestra'. (they were fun too, they came down and played on the beach for a bit and walked all thru the grounds) in the break between DTB and hookah, they had some crazy skydivers jump out of a plane and landed right on the beach in front of us. one guy landed in the lake. what else.. the weather cooled off and made for a beautiful night. then the band we all came to see ( i think!) HOOKAAAAAAH!! they were absolutely great. i don't know the names of lots of songs but i'll wing it (you'll know them better). i did think of you especially when they played the 'schwa' song. derek came on, that was a highlight, they played a song i didn'tknow and then the sanford and sons theme. they played alexander II, deep river blues (a personal favourite)., the 'come back home' song, oh my memory is failing me, that song 'if you've got time to talk it over, i've got one more to burn', the 'hookahville' song, they covered bob marley's 'zimbabwe' and canned heat's 'going up the country'', i can't really remember any more at the moment. they were awesome. after the show, we wandered around a bit, made some new friends, went to some special campfire 'freddy's barbecue' where steve sweeney was hanging around a bit, i talked to him for a few minutes, and ed mcgee stopped by for a while too, he got away looking for some twins (girls) before i got over to chat. anyway, it was lots of fun, and you'll have to plan on going next time. the more the merrier!

Jeff: it was fuckin killer! Best venue I have ever been to. Hands down. hookah destroyed.

I'll wirte a nice little review after I gain my wits.

after the campfire party meg talked of with ed and steve there, i continued on to another couple jam fires. didn't stop til noon or so. drummed for about 10 hours straight.

just got done a 16 hour shift at the factory. ZONKED!

ttyl

k

Meggo, thanks for the details, i am personally crushed that it was sooooooooooo fun and that the venue is so cool too. The "come back home" song you refer to is Sister Sugar and the "time to talk it over song" is fuckin SCWHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woo hoo!!

Can't wait for Ker's revue for more of the fun stories.

PS- Man am i bummed that i missed Hookah -