Jambands.ca

What's the deal with Evolve

Freeker

If the bands at Shoreline can't play at Evolve that just opens the door for far too many DJs or average bands to fill the time slots. Too bad. :(

were did you get that info?

That must be on evolve's end of things.

I was given this information from someone directly involved with Shoreline (who will remain nameless). In actuality' date=' it makes sense that you wouldn't want all of the same bands at 2 separate festivals. Sure, you want to sell tickets to both and people wouldn't be as likely to buy tickets and travel to 2 very similar festivals. If this information is wrong, I apologize. I really hope that Evolve is a hit and is successful for everyone involved.

I just think it's too bad that the lineup hasn't been announced...especially because so many other concert schedules/tours/festivals are already concrete. I don't know anything about promo, but it would make sense that the earlier the lineup is out, the more hype could be generated and the more tickets could be sold. To folks in the east this may not be that big of a deal. But for someone traveling from Ontario or farther, it takes months to plan and save for these excursions. [/quote']

it does make sense. but this rumor that shoreline has signed deals that prevent acts from playing evolve isn't true. this has been brought up on a few different boards on the east coast. I booked the headliners and signed the contracts, there is nothing in them that mentions evolve. 3 of the headliners do have a radius clause that prevents them from touring on the east coast around shoreline, that's it.

it just needs to made clear because a few kids on the east coast are ripping on shoreline for the same rumor.

The only drama, if there is any, is that Canada's premier jam festival is charging significantly more than last year, without so much as a hint of who's playing... It's ridiculous to be charging more without the promise of something big... Hell it's ridiculous in general... To add to the "drama", they've been promising the lineup announcement since late May, and here we are two weeks into June and still nothing... The whole concept of holding out until the headliner can be announced is pretty stupid if you ask me. Just tell us a few of the bands that will be there and it might persuade a few people into reconsidering not going. The festival is 10 weeks away and still nothing... How they expect anyone to blindly buy a ticket without any guaranteed acts is beyond me... Add to that the rumours of Daft Punk headlining, the talk of Evolve becoming an all-DJ event, Sunseeker/Shoreline and the Rolling Stones playing in Moncton and I'm guessing this might be the worst Evolve ever...