Jambands.ca

What's the deal with Evolve

Freeker

Why no line up? Quit shooting yourself in the foot and announce the line up already, people are losing interest fast. And what's up with JSB/GTB, they don't even want to play anymore?

"Hello Joe here. Thanks for roasting us. JSB AND GTB have both passed on playing evolve gtb has scheduling issues and can not make it and jimmy swifts new management wants them to head in a different direction then the regular jam band scene as far as I can gather. We placed a reasonable offer (same as last year) we would have offered more because we love both bands ,but money was not the issue. If people want more info please contact the bands. This is beyond our control.

PS the average band makes more then we do. We do this for the love of music and for your happiness not for profit. Evolve still has yet to make me or jimmy a cent so please be nice to us. We do all this work and we don't even cover our costs. The extra money comes out of our pockets. We love to do this for everyone, but a person calling us sell outs hurts. And is uncalled for. We put our hart and souls into this festival, and the only pay we get is your respect and thanks. Thank you to the people who stand up for us. We really appreciate your support. Everyone else please try and kept the negative comments off the site if you have a problem email find out the facts and then roast us if you want.

Joe"

What's the deal?

haha.. deeps.. i was just about to set ya straight..

i think freeker pulled this off the evolve boards.. joe just responding to some kids calling them sell-outs for not having jsb and gtb at the festival.. some people went a little apeshit for jsb not being there... :crazy:

i agree they gotta announce some shit SOON!!! come on now...

Yeah, as far as me planning a trip around a festival I have no info for...not gonna happen. I had planned on attending Evolve this year for my bday, but with the lack of buzz (and possibly bands), I can't put everything else off all summer in order to make that long trek. Too bad, I really wanted to go.

I'm not taking the chance that it'll be a frickin' DJ convention. Thanks, but no thanks. :(

THE SHORELINE FESTIVAL: MORE LINEUP AND WEBSITE!

Hey folks,

The website is now ready to go for this year! The design looks great! It is choc full of information about this year’s show, and will be updated continually with odds and ends. Of course, the lineup will always be up for an addition or two, so check back for news sometime! Take a look, and don’t forget to check out Pam Bernard’s photos of last year’s show!

www.shorelinefestival.com

Line UP

here's a bit of a updated line up.

Buck 65

Metric

Kid Koala

Benevento Russo Duo

Andrew & Brad Barr (of The Slip) Featuring Marco Benevento (The Duo)

Brad Barr Solo (of The Slip)

Brinsley Forde w/ Jason Wilson & Tabarruk

Joel Plaskett

The Jimmy Swift Band

Grand Theft Bus

Sonny D

Slowcoaster

Skratch Bastid

Jill Barber

Burt Neilson Band

Universal Soul

Brooke Miller

In-Flight Safety

DJ Putty

Iron Giant

Catherine McLellan & Al Tuck

Paul Christian & Friends

Caledonia

B.A. Johnson

DJ IV

Mars Hill

Chris Colepaugh & The Cosmic Crew

All of Green

Carmen Townsend

Melonworks

Ermine

Two Hours Traffic

Here’s some ticket info, for those of you who are against clicking on links to find out information (ha ha):

Tickets

web special $55 + tax (500 tickets, online only / avail. Wed, May 4!) - All Most Gone

advance $65 + tax

gate $80 + tax

Web special tickets can be purchased online, right here on our site as of Wednesday, May 4th. Take advantage of our early bird price while those 500 tickets last! If you purchase web special tickets, they will be waiting for you at the gate when you arrive (with your ID!). We use Paypal.

Regular advance tickets will be available Friday, May 6th, from the Halifax Metro Centre Box Office windows, online at www.halifaxmetrocentre.com or via their telephone order line at 902 - 451-1221, or at any of these 14 Sobeys stores in the Halifax area: Clayton Park, Penhorn Mall, Lower Sackville, Forest Hills, Elmsdale, Tantallon, Bedford, Halifax Shopping Centre Annex, Windsor Street, Queen Street, Spryfield, Panavista (Hwy #7), Westphal and Fall River.

Tickets will be in all of our retail store outlets around Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia on Monday, May 16th. Retail outlets accept cash only.

.... see the website for lots more info!!

Edited by Guest

The main reason I've never been to Evolve is that it's so far away from Ottawa, and is the weekend right before moe.down (and on a weekend with no statutory holidays, thus requiring two days of vacation to get there and back). As good as an Evolve line-up could be, given that I can reasonably only make one of the two festivals, I doubt Evolve could draw me more than moe.down does/would.

Aloha,

Brad

U,F. Productions (Shane, right?),

I speak only for myself here, but I find your post pretty opportunistc (in the worst way) and unprofessional. Predatory moves like that do nothing to bolster the vibe of "community" that so many people come around here and go to the shows for. I know you've been on "the scene" longer than I have, but I see you posting that on this thread as pretty bad form - especially given the extensive delays and broken timeline promises everyone put up with while you got the Shoreline schedule out this year.

Peace,

Hart

sure its a little dirty pool to post the line up on this thread. but festival attendees will be looking at this thread, shoreline's name has come up in it. why not do a little promo. I am a promoter that's what we do, try to sell as many tickets as possible so we can do it all over again.

sorry for offending you Hartamophone i can be very aggressive in my promotions at times, as you all know.:cool:

Edited by Guest

If the bands at Shoreline can't play at Evolve that just opens the door for far too many DJs or average bands to fill the time slots. Too bad. :(

were did you get that info?

That must be on evolve's end of things.

I was given this information from someone directly involved with Shoreline (who will remain nameless). In actuality, it makes sense that you wouldn't want all of the same bands at 2 separate festivals. Sure, you want to sell tickets to both and people wouldn't be as likely to buy tickets and travel to 2 very similar festivals. If this information is wrong, I apologize. I really hope that Evolve is a hit and is successful for everyone involved.

I just think it's too bad that the lineup hasn't been announced...especially because so many other concert schedules/tours/festivals are already concrete. I don't know anything about promo, but it would make sense that the earlier the lineup is out, the more hype could be generated and the more tickets could be sold. To folks in the east this may not be that big of a deal. But for someone traveling from Ontario or farther, it takes months to plan and save for these excursions.

Yeah everyone i have talked to doesnt seem to be going to evole unless they annoucce something huge...High ticket prices..no lineup and other things going on(ie- stones) have got people making other plans...And with the HUge success of the 1rst annual Sunseeker Ball....thats set the bar high for all the festivals this summer....and it was only 40$ a ticket!!!!

I'll definetley hit up shorline and the sotnes..but i'm pretty sure evolve is Out this time! thats my 2 cents

cheerz

I think Evolve is scared that if people, given the option of knowing both lineups, will vote to go to Shoreline instead. I wish i was...Or, on the other hand, Evolve has something so monumental planned that it doesn't matter how many patrons they piss off becasues they have something so good people won't care when it was announced

U,F. Productions (Shane, right?),

I speak only for myself here, but I find your post pretty opportunistc (in the worst way) and unprofessional. Predatory moves like that do nothing to bolster the vibe of "community" that so many people come around here and go to the shows for. I know you've been on "the scene" longer than I have, but I see you posting that on this thread as pretty bad form - especially given the extensive delays and broken timeline promises everyone put up with while you got the Shoreline schedule out this year.

Peace,

Hart

Seriously. I mean when are promoters going to get it through their thick skulls that promoting should be left to the promoters! :o

If evolve has yet to entice people even with a partial release or a not-so-subtle leak of a few key headliners, than the ship will go down.

I had a fun time there a few years ago but I was drawn all the way from O-Town by the music, and secondly by the nice drive through rolling hills and camping on cow patties.