Jambands.ca

mp3 tagging question

backbacon

I'm hoping someone here has had to deal with this... thanks in advance for any useful insight.

I'm putting groups of songs together to fill mp3 discs. I want to keep the track numbers that correspond to each separate album, etc. that will make up the mp3 disc.

Is there a way to tag all files sequentially on each mp3 disc, perhaps under the 'grouping' category?

Right now I have the discs grouped as '001, 002, 003...' but I would like to be able to know what track number on the disc each song is. Each song would have a unique grouping tag: 001-1, 001-2, 001-3....

I can refer to the 001 playlist in itunes but that isn't very safe as the songs could be reorded. I am not aware of a playlist order locking feature.

Thanks mattm, still can't figure it out though.

id3tagit does not allow drag and drop directly from itunes library.

I am using itunes. Files from several locations on my hard drive are grouped in itunes under the grouping '001' for example. Group '001' makes up one disc of mp3s. I want to further distinguish each song in the group so I can see what track number each song is on the mp3 disc.

I could go and separately change individual song's grouping to 001-1, 001-2 but that would take about 9 years.