Jambands.ca

GSP

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

GSP announced that he is going on hiatus today, effectively vacating the UFC Middleweight championship. I'm sure Dana White is pretty pissed at that move...

This is your brain:

george+st+pierre+jersey+habs+pic.jpg

This is your brain after too many UFC fights:

BbZDDS8CYAA6Aht.jpg

He actually announced it right after the title fight a few weeks back, although he was keeping the belt then. We grabbed the pay per view and were surprised at the timing of it. Dana White was pissed then about it, and wasn't happy with his reasons. Rumors of a child he doesn't want, but apparently his father has cancer and that's the reason he's taking a hiatus. I guess the pressure to fight from White and others made him decide to give up the belt officially. He'll be back I imagine and make a run for the title again.

Hendricks should have been declared winner in my opinion. I was surprised with the split.

White's pretty pissed in this video from the night of the fight (nov.17).

UFC president Dana White is not happy with Georges St-Pierre.

After GSP was awarded a controversial split decision over Johny Hendricks in the main event of UFC 167, the Canadian made a surprise announcement.

“I have a bunch of stuff in my life happening. I have to hang up my gloves for a bit,†St-Pierre told UFC commentator Joe Rogan after the fight. “I have to go away for a little bit at least. That’s all I can say right now.â€

White didn’t like the way GSP went about announcing his plans to take time off.

“He could retire (but) there’s no ‘hey listen, I’m going to take a hiatus, I’m going to take a leave of absence.’ Whatever the hell it was that he was saying, that’s not how it works,†White said at the post-fight press conference. “You owe it to the fans, you owe it to that belt, you owe it to this company and you owe it to Johny Hendricks to give him that opportunity to fight again, unless you’re going to retire.â€

White shares the opinion of those that thought Hendricks won the fight, which took place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

“Does anybody here think that Johny Hendricks won the fight? I’m blown away that Georges St-Pierre won that fight,†White said. “Listen, I’m a promoter and he’s the biggest star on the [expletive] planet for me and I still don’t think he won that fight. I want what’s fair and that wasn’t fair.â€

The outspoken UFC prez, who added he gave GSP the third round, then lashed out at the Nevada State Athletic Commission for inept judging.

“I think the Nevada State Athletic Commission is atrocious; I think the governor should step in before these guys destroy this sport like they did boxing,†White said.

Controversial decisions are unfortunately common in MMA and the UFC 167 main event will be talked about for quite some time.

“I am the champion,†Hendricks proclaimed at the post-fight press conference. “I did everything to win the fight … I’m going to come back stronger; I’m going to come back faster. I just beat the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world … I don’t care about Georges. I just want that belt … If i get to see him in the ring again, it won’t go the distance. I’m going to finish him.â€

Robbie Lawler, who picked up an impressive split decision win over Rory MacDonald in a featured bout, expressed his desire to fight Hendricks for an interim title if GSP is out of action for a long time.

GSP was not present when White made his comments, but the champ showed up midway through the press conference.

“I was in a war. I was hurt. I give my best. That’s the best I can give,†an emotional St-Pierre said after returning from the hospital where he received stitches. “I thought I won three rounds out of the five.â€

White spoke with GSP after the press conference and told reporters that he is confident an immediate rematch will take place, much like the case when Chris Weidman beat Anderson Silva at UFC 162 earlier this year.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/ufc/dana-white-rips-gsp-after-ufc-167-win-retiring-speech/