Jambands.ca

Whose Cat is Dead & Toadhouse at The Casbah

edger

This coming Saturday folks.

Whose Cat is Dead encompasses band members from The Fat Cats, Days of You, Zuffalo.  And the return of Toadhouse is a fun prospect as well.  

https://www.facebook.com/events/319187461889518/

Whose Cat Is Dead has risen from the ashes of the short-lived but much sought after band Burt's Cat Is Dead. With guitarist/singer Mike Filipowitsch moving overseas in June of this year Mark Thackway has stepped into some pretty big shoes. Luckily for the band and it's fans, Mark is a more than capable replacement. He is most likely the only player in the area that has the song knowledge, the chops, and the experience of journeying into faraway jams necessary to join this experienced core. Mark started in the scene almost 30 years ago with one of the original Canadian rock and jam bands, Days of You. Today, you may also know him as the guitar player/singer of the Jerry Garcia cover band, The Mark T Band.

Mark joins Kim Manning (Connor Gains Band, Zuffalo) on keys and vocals, Mikey Vukovich (Connor Gains Band, Zuffalo, Jackets) on bass and vocals, and Adam Bernstein (Fat Cats – another of the original Canadian jam scene bands) behind the drums.

The band is on a constant quest to offer a fresh take on these classic songs. Whose Cat is Dead knows just when to fill space with their infectious jams and when to offer an airy interlude.

Toadhouse is back with a special hometown show! It's been a while since we've seen the boys together on stage. They are excited to team up with Whose Cat Is Dead for this show at the Casbah. Toadhouse is a Jam / Funk / Rock / Progressive Band from Hamilton, Ontario. Consisting of mostly Jam-rock originals, they use improvisation as a key tool in developing their sound.

What a fun night of music. Toadhouse sounded fantastic. I think they have been secretly playing together all along.  Gotta say Codi (drums) and Dan (bass) are in a million bands together and boy does it show.  The growth has been amazing to watch. WCID was a lot of fun. Thackway has naturally fallen into that group of players and he seemed particularly inspired last night.  I thought it was some of the best flow I've seen come out of him. 

Nice to meet you for the first time Canned Beats. 

I was impressed all around.  The company at the show and after, the touching voice of Mark Thackaway, the upper register bass sweeps, and the ebb and flow of vitality onstage that led a willowy band of crazed marionettes like they were in a theatre in Hamelin.

I was glad to not have gotten too pied.

it’s always a treat to be reminded just how special a group of fans there is here.