Jambands.ca

Fri. Apr. 4 Kitchener updated show info ...

mark tonin

I'm excited to annouce that

Special Ed & the Musically Challenged

will be playing along with nero and Diesel Dog at the Friday April 4 show in Kitchener.

This band includes Dave Patel, who was Jukejoint's drummer. They are a funkn' rockin' orginal music band that knows how to jam and that has just finished recording a new cd.

So, here is the updated show information:

Friday April 4, 2003

upstairs at The Lancaster Tavern

574 Lancaster Street West, Kitchener

(519)743-4331

- Diesel Dog at 9:00 p.m.

- Special Ed & the Musically Challenged at 10:45 p.m.

- nero at 12:30 a.m.

- this show will NOT end at 2 a.m.

- with Johnny LaRue as Master of Ceremonies

- bring a hand drum and join the drum circle at midnight led by the University of Waterloo Drum Club

- join us for a chance to win great prizes including a pair of tickets to see Béla Fleck and the Flecktones in Toronto at Massey Hall on Saturday April 12

$8 at the door

19+

Directions from the 401:

- exit onto Highway 8 to Kitchener

- exit onto Highway 86 to Waterloo (Note that there is construction happening - if you are in the right lane Highway 8 will turn into Highway 86 to Waterloo)

- take the Bridgeport Road exit and turn left onto Bridgeport Road

- turn left onto Lancaster Street

- look for The Lancaster Tavern ("The Lanc") on the right - there is a boat docked in the air - you'll see it!

- if you go in the front door there are stairs immediately to your left that lead to the upstairs room

NICE! I was actually thinking about posting something about Special Ed today 'cus I was at their release party last week, and I've had the new album Are You Okay? on heavy rotation ever since. I had their song "Rainy Day" stuck in my head on the way to work - best kazoo solo I've heard in ages. [Wink]

These guys are BIG fun live, and the CD is amazing as well.

Good call Mark, you've just doubled my interest in coming out for this show! [big Grin]

Peace,

Mr. M.

Archived