Lunch with the Bitches?

doubleB

Free Luchtime jazz anyone?

The Bitches Brew Tribute Band

Lunchtime Jazz

Confederation Park - Congo Square

Tuesday, July 23 at 12:00pm

Price: Free

Paying homage to the music of late-sixties, early-seventies era Miles Davis, The Bitches Brew Tribute Band performs selections from such seminal recordings as In a Silent Way, Bitches Brew, and A Tribute to Jack Johnson. Long considered significant milestones in the development of jazz-rock fusion, these recordings mix a variety of styles from r&b and free jazz to atmospheric and world music textures. The impact of these Miles Davis sessions is apparent in the funk, hip-hop, psychedelic and contemporary jazz music released since the early-seventies. In existence for several years performing to appreciative audiences, the current line-up of The Bitches Brew Tribute Band features five talented musicians of diverse performing and recording experience.

Damn. This is the kind of thing I used to like when I took the OJF week as my summer vacation: sleep in, chill out (figuratively) in Confederation Park (or the World Exchange Plaza) for lunch, come home, nap out, then back downtown for dinner and more jazz.

Somebodies please go to this show, enjoy it, clap enthusiastically, and encourage them to do more shows.

Aloha,

Brad