Jambands.ca

Roll Call: Ferriswheeler Tonight

bradm

Guest Low Roller

After seeing Ferriswheeler last night, I had this weird dream about a bunch of hippy hampsters joyriding a Volkswagon Bug inside a hampster wheel.

Fucked up.

OK, I've recovered a bit, and may be able to write coherently about the show.

Great Googly Moogly, it was good. Fw was tighter than I've ever seen/heard them, and came across with noticably more presence and confidence. I thought the first set was the best Fw yet...and it was...until the second set..

Remeniscent of JSB, the second set had more (and more abstract) jams than the first set (which was more song-based). They spaced it (and us) out more, and took us along for a serious ride. The "Independentland" was one of the best, "As Is" was a new one for me (and great), and the encore! Jebus! I remember the Cypress Hill breakout from Flaps, and this one, I think, went ne better, especially with the Floyd and AC/DC teases.

I listened to the tape (from which the track list was made), and it sounds great. It's actually got stereo separation of the instruments (guitar placed mid-left, sax mid-right), and pumped-up but not overloaded levels. This one is right at the top of the to-be-transferred list.

IMHO, this was the best Ferriswheeler show yet. Thank you all so much.

Aloha,

Brad