Jambands.ca

Come Together Music Fest - call for volunteers

mark tonin

Hmmm, not sure where he did his undergrad, but he just recently got his PhD at U of T. That's why we like to call him Dr. Evil. He is in his mid-to-late 30's, and he does play guitar, so it could be him. A very soft-spoken yet articulate man. Having said that, I am pretty sure there is another guitar-playing Dave Scully out there in the Toronto area as I remember seeing a show advertised a while ago for a Dave Scully that wasn't this Dave Scully.

Peace, Mark

I think it is the same Dave Scully I know. He's one of my cousin Dave's best friends ( from their Queen's days ). This Dave Scully in question is married and lives in Toronto and I think he has a PH D. From what I can remember, he used to play a black Stat. Does this Dave have a black Strat?

Anyway, he knows me, but not well - only through my cousin. However, I've known him off and on for over 10 years.

If it is the same Scully, I'll pass along to my cousin that he's playing this festival.

Hey Jaimoe,

It sounds like we're talking about the same Dave Scully. Dave does play a strat, although it's not black, but the back of it may be. Or maybe he's now got a different guitar than from when you last saw him play. Actually, some pictures of Dave can be found here:

pics

Dave is the guy in picture number 0012, 0018 and 0020. His hair was probably a lot longer when you last saw him. He's a sweet guitar player with a very fluid style and a tone that reminds me of Garcia or Kimock. Not to say that he's in that league, but he is really good, and he has listened to lots and lots of Dead over the years. It's always a treat to play with Dave. I'm hoping to play some original Tonin songs with Dave at the CTMF, with perhaps some Scully pieces thrown in. Dave knows most of my songs, as we've jammed on and off together for the past 10+ years. I just wished we lived closer together so we could play more!

Thanks for asking ... it's a small world.

Peace, Mark