Jambands.ca

your fave music/arts festival ??

bONES

last summer i experienced my first show as part of the DSO crew/family at the OCF (Oregon Country Fair) outside Eugene (Billy sat in on drums...wahoo)

Friends, this was/is the KINDEST gathering i have been to in many years.

For those who do not know...the land the faire calls home was donated by Ken Kesey.

It is a wonderful piece of property with plenty of forest, meadows and creeks, and most of the festivities take place in the woods.

Awesome food, conscious clothing, great music, laughing children, smiling fair folk, massages, hugs, babies, FREAKS!!!, dancing and LOVE...

sound too good to be true? it is!

if any of you can make the OCF this year, i recommend it more than any other gathering...

www.oregoncountryfair.org

Located in a wooded setting in Veneta, Oregon, 13 miles west of Eugene, the Oregon Country Fair will celebrate its 34th anniversary year offering three hundred booths with the best arts, crafts, and good food, surrounded by acoustic entertainment, electric powered music, and vaudeville acts.

if anyone is considering attending, i would suggest you do everything in your power to get on as staff somehow! volunteer for parking, water crew, garbage, vend, whatever...the fair ends at 7pm for those who are NOT staff. They do sweeps after 7 and kick people out who are not fair folk...and this is when the REAL party begins my friends...live music ALL NIGHT , fire dancers, crazy costumes, dancing, drumming, concerts...

Archived