Jambands.ca

The Tour Whore of The Summer Award

Freeker

I don't disagree with this version of " The Who " being tour whores, however when they played Toronto after Entwistle died, I went to the show expecting it to suck, which it did not. It was powerful in fact. I'm not sure if I will go to a Toronto show again, but who knows?

I would pay to hear new material from Pete, which is what this tour will provide, plus he's my favourite guitarist of all time, so that's an incentive too.

I've been calling the Entwistle-less Who " Roger & Pete " since their last tour and I will continue to do so. For true Who fans ( and I'm looking at you Willy ) the real Who died in 1978. Anyway, there is an album of new material in the works and even though I have plenty of problems with this last incarnation of The Who calling themselves " The Who ", Pete's contributions will make their next release at least palatable, and hopefully worthy of their past legacy.

There are plenty of old bands that tour under various guises, but the biggest offender over the last 20 years is, hands-down, Lynyrd Skynyrd - one original member remaining today. The Doors and The Byrds come close.

I'll be there if at all possible! I agree about The Who dying in 1978 but the individuals are each so talented on their own that it's worth seeing. I sort of agree with what Pete said about using the name: No matter what he and Rodger called themselves, people would be thinking of it as The Who!