Jambands.ca

nero 2003-01-25 available for Download

bradm

The Saturday, January 25, 2003 show by nero at Cafe Dekcuf in Ottawa is now available for download. (For a description of the show, including a set list, check the tour log for the show.)

Yes, this is an older show; I found it on the hard drive (I transferred it from DAT before my recorder died, but never got around to tracking it and getting it prepared for upload, until now), realized there was a tour log & set list for it, and decided to try it.

This show is a blast, to my ears. The opening "Whispy Mountain Wonder" is raging, right out of the box, and the "Lemondust" has one of the spookier intros to that song that I've heard (I prefer the longer, spacier intros, as opposed to the ones where they just drop into it; YMMV). It also has two cover tunes, "A Tear For Eddie", and "Peaches en Regalia", and a first-time-played tune ("Sunspine", which I don't think I've heard of, let alone heard, since). This was also the show at Deckuf which featured the showing of "A Head's Tale" before the nero sets.

In total, the show is 160 minutes, but needs three audio CDs (each about 53 minutes) due to the track lengths. (There are a few "banter" tracks, which I chopped out to see if I could arrange the tracks to fit on two audio CDs. I couldn't.)

I'm really happy with the way this one turned out (and, in fact, that it turned out at all). Give it a listen, folks, and prepared to get blown away.

Aloha,

Brad

I already posted this on jamhub, but it might be of interest to some people here:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunspine was also played on:

2003-01-30 Wilf's Pub, Waterloo, ON

2003-02-01 Valencia's, Burlington, VT

There are possibly more versions, but these are the only other 2 I've heard of... Cheers for more nero Brad, always appreciated!