Jambands.ca

Bluegrass Festival this weekend

bONES

Orono Bluegrass & Country Jamboree - May 28, 29 & 30, 2004

Orono Fairgrounds, Orono, Ontario - Take Hwy 115 North of Hwy 401, Exit at Main Street, Follow the signs.

RAIN OR SHINE!!!!!!!!!!!

Admission

Weekend - $25.00

Friday - $5.00

Saturday - $15.00

Sunday - $10.00

Camping - $5.00 for the weekend

12 yrs and under free when accompanied by an adult

Rough camping only, vendors, food booths, meet and greet the artists, guitar draw, prizes and sunday gospel.

Entertainers

Adams Family and Friends

Don Barraball and Beyond Reason

Rainstone

Ganaraska Cloggers

Doc Holiday

Silverbirch

Supper Break Next Generation

General Store

McCormick

Fitzgerald Family

Louis Wright & Friends

Mark Sullivan

Program

Friday - Open Stage 6 pm to 10 pm

Saturday - 11 am to 11 pm

Sunday (including gospel) - 10 am to 4 pm

Gates will be open 1 hr before and close 1 hr after shows

Campsite picking encouraged

Rules

Pets must be leashed

Cans only, no glass

No amplified music except on stage

No glass or pets in concert area

No campfires

Rough camping

Motorcycle compound at the gate

Bring your lawn chairs

who's going tomorrow?

anyone been to Tottenham before?

are there other good Canadian bluegrass festivals this summer that we should know about?

I don't know about festivals, but there is a great night of bluegrass coming to Pepper Jack's in Hamilton this Saturday the 5th.

Featured will be:

The Jenny Whiteley Band (Ken Whiteley's niece who won a juno in 2001 for best roots/trd. album) Killer players. Joey Wright and Mike Bowel are in the band as well.

and Barley Wik ( An all-girl bluegrass band from Victoria, B.C.) Foot-stompin' gals, banjos, washtub, milk-jug, sweet melodies etc...

Cover $10.00 Showtime: 8pm

Pepper Jack Cafe

38 King William, Hamilton

905-525-6666

I don't know about festivals, but there is a great night of bluegrass coming to Pepper Jack's in Hamilton this Saturday the 5th.

Featured will be:

The Jenny Whiteley Band (Ken Whiteley's niece who won a juno in 2001 for best roots/trd. album) Killer players. Joey Wright and Mike Bowel are in the band as well.

I caught the Jenny Whiteley band in Ptbo at Cosmic Charlies on Thursday night, great band! Theres five of them, including Dan Whiteley on mandolin (also in Crazy Strings), and the dude on bass is Jenny's husband, and he is also the bassist with the Ken Whiteley Trio. (I think I got that right). THere was no postering or advertising for the show and I counted 12 of us there. Turned out Jenny had no mic so she sang the first set out loud w/o mics and it sounded great. She was mostly playing tunes off her new album.. She sat down for a few songs too and let the rest of the band play some crazy instrumental bluegrass. Dan Whiteley smokes on the mandolin! peee-yeuhhhhhhh! I'd recommend checking this band out if you get the chance.