Jambands.ca

Ride to Rainbow Gathering from Toronto

Rary8

I wish I could cross the border,very much so right now,I could sure use some of those awesome healing vibes.

Good luck on finding some riders.If I talk to anyone inerested I'll be sure to let ya know.

Safe journeys my friend and enjoy.

Test ran my new (old) diesel Jetta. Broke down two hundred clicks north of T.O. Alternator! CAA got it towed back to the mech here in the Beaches and it should be ready to go again. I'll do another test run before I make a run for Cali. Directions to spring council have now been posted.

Still looking for riders west. My plan in two months at the Gathering and then follow Dead tour east. Make a little dough sellin casades' (sp?) Coventry and a Quebec Rainbow Gathering may end off my summer.

Just waiting on the VW...

2nd test run to the cottage got me a destroyed V-belt (lost the tensioner) and a coolant leak. These will get fixed today and then one more test run up north. Then off (FINALY!) to Cali. Maybe...maybe i'll head to bonnaroo first to get some riders for the long haul. I guess it will depend on time it takes to get out of the city and any repairs Stateside.

Still looking for riders from T.O. if there are any.

Spending day at the mech. shop. Leaking coolant seems to be a bad head gasket. Boy is my 30 day bumper to bumper guarantee getting stretched thin. Mech aint to happy. Almost a week late in leaving and I ain't gone yet. Thinking very seriously now of hitting up Bonnaroo or (more likely) The Dead at Red Rocks on the way. Don't have any gas riders yet so I just may have to take the opportunity to make some dough in the lot. Cheif Hoka campsite around Red Rocks is a cool time too. It will be rocking out for six days with the boys in town.

Gotta get down, gotta get down, gotta get down!

Sigh.

Broke down again. Acclerator cable. As soon as it's fixed I'm taking my chances and heading south on 80. The Dead at Red Rocks will be my safety net if i'm forced to make some money on the trip.

Adios Toronto. Have a great summer.

R8

• 2 weeks later...

Well i'm in Rawlins, Wyoming right now. Broken injector line on my Diesel. Have to wait for two days to get such a RARW (VW) part.

Left T.O. some time back. Picked up a moneyless rider in Michigan. First break down was in Iowa. Diesel line cracked and covered my engine with fuel. If it was gas, I'd be a ball of fire.

I macguivered a rubber hose over the broken line so that it sprayed under the car instead of on the engine. Ten miles with three cylinders. Fixed it with a compression seal after that.

Changed a rad hose and having some belt problems on the alt. Letting them go for now.

Went down to Denver for a new diesel line. Spent night at Cheif Hosa and one show at Red Rocks. Didn't get a miarcle and didn't feel like dropping the money. Heard the show from the hills out back.

Left next day. 2nd diesel line broke hear in WY. Couldn't jerry-rig this one. still waiting. Hope it starts when I get the parts in.

Gathering location is posted.

check welcomehome.org if you are interested.

Think i'm gonna leave the library and play guitar on the street. sigh.