Jambands.ca

New Slip disc!

Del

lupos-200.JPG

The Slip

Providence, RI 06/12/2004

The Slip will be recording their June 12th performance at Lupo’s and KUFALA will be onsite taking it available for purchase. The Slip will be joined by Mackie Burnette and Peter Barr on steel drums. Mackie grew up in Trinidad in the post-WWII renaissance and is a true original, full of grace and mystery. This release is anticipated to be a 2 CD Set.

TRACK LISTING

Disc 1:

1. OLD GEORGE

2. MORE INTENSE SURVEILLANCE

3. FEAR OF FALLING

4. NELLIE JEAN

5. THE AIR, THE BODY

Disc 2:

1. IF ONE OF US SHOULD FALL

2. CHILDREN OF DECEMBER

3. HO SYNE NO DAY / THE BONGO DANCE

4. FOUR CHORDS

5. SERANETTA

6. CHASING RABBITS

7. PROUD

8. GET ME WITH FUJI

9. IMAGINE

$20 US, not bad for a 2 disc set... Here's where to get it:

http://www.kufala.com/artist/show.php?catnum=73

I've been looking into this show and chatting with some people about it. It's actually forced a little further the rift between their fans of their older sound and the people more willing to see them stretch with the lo fi indy rock feel. I presume a few of those song titles are larks it sounds like the Steel Drum worked out really well. I think Pete Barr (no relation) may be this old stocky rasta guy that taught Andrew a lot about playing and life. I don't imagine they'd list all the teases or there's probably some name changes. I've heard there were quotes of something like Simmer Down, the older song Camp Shuey and something people called Shango Dance that was played at the Narrows show (it's a tango).