Jambands.ca

VAN MORRISON @ Mol Amp 09/03/04

TimmyB

VAN MORRISON

THE MOLSON AMPITHEATRE

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 3, 2004

Tickets are $115.00, $69.50 and $35.50 plus service charges for reserved seating. Tickets go on sale Thursday June 24th.

This is Van Morrison first Canadian date since 1998 in Vancouver and first in Toronto since 1995!

Hey Esau, I remember how not too long we were talking about how we were both at that triple bill gig with Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell and Van Morrison at GM Place in 1998.

What a great gig that was and I specifically remember Morrison upstaging Mitchell and my favorite Dylan that night.

Since Morrisons last Toronto date at Maple Leaf Gardens in 1995 Mitchell was here in the fall of 1998 with Dylan at MLG.

While Dylan since 1995 has been at Conert Hall ('96), at The Molson Amphitheatre ('97), with Mitchell at MLG ('98), with Phil Lesh & Friends at The Molson Amphitheatre ('00), at the Air Canada Centre ('01), at The Molson Amphitheatre ('02), at Ricoh Colliseum, The Phoenix and Kool Haus ('03). That's nine Dylan gigs since 1995!

Every Morrison album that has come out since "Days Like This" (Exile/Polydor, 1995) I've looked at www.pollstar.com patiently waiting for Morrison's next gig in Toronto. Now it's finally happening.

As of 10:00AM this morning there is an internet presale on

www.ticketmaster.ca

American Express Front Of The Line:

Start: Mon, 06/21/04 10:00AM

End: Wed, 06/23/04 5:00PM

I'm glad I did not do the American Express Front Of The Line or Q107 Q Club presales, as I lined up today and got three tickets in SEC 102 ROW C SEATS 7-9. THIRD ROW!

I can't wait to see Van "The Man" for the first time since 1998. Did anyone else get tickets for the show?