Jambands.ca

Jane's Addiction Are No More

Jaimoe

That's right, it's all over for this influential band. I think a lot of this has to do with differing lifestyles - Pekins and Dave Navarro are now clean family men and Perry Farrell IS NOT.

I heard that Navarro, Perkins and bassist Chris Chaney are planning on forming a new group. We'll see how this turns out. I hope Navarro will not be the lead singer. His solo album blows, and he didn't play lead guitar on it either??!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and what the freakin' heck, i'm sure dave & carmen electra are real ward & june types. mandy!

oh boo, this sucks very much, thank you.

Actually, other than having a tremendous ego ( not many lead guitarists are humble ), Navarro seems settled and focussed.

This is from Navarro's website:

"The deal is that it simply didn't work out," the statement read. "Sometimes the best creative relationships are the most combustible and they aren't meant to last forever."

yeah, i was kinda thinking all that too.... and i suppose this isn't too tragic, i'm sure perry's not going to be giving up on music entirely (oh, let's just please hope he doesn't dedicate all his energies into just dj-ing). and hell, PERRY is the one who makes that band (or any band he's in). when i saw jane's this past september, i absolutely could not tear my eyes off perry for the entire fricken show.

dave has always kind of annoyed me (and when he got into that whole black nail polish thing, well i just shudder & chuckle in his general direction), it's just sort of the nostalgic factor that saddens me... but yeah, they did break up before & get back together again, so even if this is it, IT, at least they gave it a second shot. and i'm sure perry will still be able to perform jane's songs in the future, you'd think?

I've always liked Navarro's lead guitaring. He's very innovative when inspired ( i.e. in Jane's Addiction ), and he is one of the most influential guitarists from the " alternate rock " scene of the late 80's through to the mid 90's.

Perry is a burnt-out philosopher. He reminds me of Ozzy to some extent, although more verbal. A great lead man, but declining in health at a steady rate.