Jambands.ca

Did anybody see Kyle Riabko last night?

zero

Indeed I did. He was good but poppy as expected. He's got George Thorogood energy onstage and he's a mean guitar player. I was pretty impressed but perhaps not blown away as you were? Keep in mind I've been spoiled all week long by alot of music so I'm getting kind of jaded at this point.

He and his bandmates were super-nice guys, no question. They were so green to the whole celebrity thing (i.e. 12 year-old girls screaming for him but not knowing who he was). It's all quite new to them.

Yeah he's been steering in the poppy direction but if he was just jamming it out he wouldn't be signed to Columbia. I really want to see him do some stuff in other contexts, guesting with other bands etc. I would think he'll open for Rob Randolph and the Family soon enough, Rob guests on the album. Mind you when I first saw him he was 13 just as sh!t hot on the guitar and less bridled by pop. Still you'd have to agree there is a real spark of greatness there and you just know he could riff forever if he wanted to. The boys are cute aren't they, Roger Mercier the drummer is from his first band (Bluesway Express later Motep's Groove) and is a few years older like probably 19 now. You can tell they get a lot of panties literally or metaphorically thrown in their direction.