Jambands.ca

Son Volt has reunited!

TimmyB

from www.billboard.com from Thursday September 23, 2004

Billboard Bits: Son Volt

Roots-rock outfit Son Volt has reunited and is about to begin work on a new studio album. Group members Jay Farrar, Dave and Jim Boquist and Mike Heidorn recently ended a five-year hiatus to record a track for the Alejandro Escovedo tribute album, "Por Vida." The group is planning to return to the road next year.

"It felt like we hit the ground running," Farrar says. "Give years seemed like five days at that point. It proved that more recording and performing as Son Volt is something that should happen."

Son Volt's last studio album was 1998's "Wide Swing Tremolo," which peaked at No. 93 on The Billboard 200. Farrar's most recent solo release came in June with the live collection "Stone, Steel & Bright Lights," issued on his own Transmit Sound label.

-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

I'm so happy Son Volt are getting back together! I have yet to see them live yet I hope that changes in 2005.

This is great news!

I agree with you completely Jaimoe. Each of the last two times Son Volt came to Toronto to perform I was on the west coast seeing Neil Young's Bridge School Benefit. Obviously I have no regrets about those decisions I just couldn't believe it was two years in a row.

Since I finally got to see Jay Farrar accompanied by Mark Spencer at Lee's Palace this past spring. At the show Jay performed four Son Volt songs "Driving The View," "Straightface," "Tear Stained Eye" and "Windfall." I really hope that I get to see Son Volt do these songs next year, and a couple of Uncle Tupelo songs as well would make me even more happy.