Jambands.ca

Streaming REGGAE

StoneMtn

I just found a very cool site. It's online streaming reggae.

I just watched a feature-length movie, from the '70s. I think it was called "One World". The actors were a bunch of old reggae musicians, including Gregory Isaacs and Winston "Burning Spear" Rodney! The soundtrack was awesome roots-reggae, and the plot was written to allow for a live performance by Gregory Isaacs.

It was also pretty hilarious. It was essentially a Rasta-Robin Hood-action movie. The reggae musicians went around committing crimes (in between recording sessions, of course) on behalf of the poor people, stealing televisions and things and redistributing them back to the deserving.

Anyway, it's a very cool site, if you like reggae, and it's at http://oneworldradiotv.com/

(I found that the picture would get blurry every now and then, but I would just log out of the movie and log back in and it was fine again. It was probably because of my internet connection, rather than the site.)

I am editing my post, because I just noticed that the site, itself, is called "One World", so that probably wasn't also the name of the movie. Boy, do I feel silly...