Jambands.ca

ATTN GUITAR NERDS: DON ROSS GUITAR WEEKEND

StoneMtn

Hello fellow travellers,

Just a quick note to the members of my mailing list to let you know that next September's Don Ross Cannington Guitar Weekend is now confirmed. The weekend of September 16-18, 2005 will feature a concert and workshops by yours truly and special guest Tony McManus, my cohort in the guitar quartet Men of Steel.

Tony's website:

http://www.TonyMcManus.com

Hailed by guitar legend John Renbourn as "The best Celtic guitarist in the world," Scottish musician Tony McManus specializes in bringing the authenticity of musics from Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Galicia and Brittany to life on the steel string guitar. An expert in both fingerpick and flatpick guitar styles, Tony is in high demand as both a performer and instructor, traveling across North America, Europe and Australia almost constantly. Despite the fact that Tony has recently married a Canadian and moved to within a three-hour drive of Cannington, I had to book him almost a full year in advance if I wanted him at all!!

In order to afford you the chance of giving the Guitar Weekend to a loved one (or to yourself!) as a Christmas present, I'm letting you know now about the event. If you register now you can save 10% on the regular registration fee of $500.00 Canadian (approximately $410.00 US or 320 Euro or 225 British Pounds) by booking by November 15, 2004.

You can book your space (and there are only 15 of them!) by calling my personal voicemail at 416.520.0092 and leaving your Visa or MasterCard information (16-digit number, expiry date and name on the card). Make sure to leave your phone number and email address as well so that you can be notified of your registration and all the details about the Weekend.

You can also register via email by writing to me at

donrossguitarweekend@sympatico.ca

and leaving the pertinent information. I suggest you split the information over at least two emails for added security.

You can also register by mail using a certified cheque or money order by writing to:

Don Ross

Goby Fish Music

253 College St #322

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

M5T 1R5

The Guitar Weekend takes place in the beautiful Victorian village of Cannington, Ontario, Canada, which is situated 90 minutes northeast of Toronto. Toronto's airport is a major international hub and is easily accessible. Many people carpool from the airport and other locations to save money. People traveling from points in the USA may prefer to fly into Buffalo, NY, as it is sometimes significantly less expensive than flying into Toronto. Buffalo is about 3 hours by car from Cannington.

Registrants stay either at my own century home in Cannington or at a neighbour's house in the village. This will be the seventh year for the Don Ross Cannington Guitar Weekend, and all six previous editions have been great successes, with many people attending multiple times.

The Weekend consists of a Friday night song circle, a Saturday night double-bill concert by Tony and Don, and daytime workshops by Tony and Don during the day on each of Saturday and Sunday. The whole event is amazingly well-catered by Peho Marshak, whose gourmet creations have been known to necessitate the purchase of new belts after each Weekend!

So, be the first on your block to register for the September 2005 edition of the Don Ross Cannington Guitar Weekend. This past September's Weekend sold out in five days, so act fast, and at 10% off, it's that much more fun!

Peace,

Don Ross

http://www.DonRossOnline.com

http://www.gobyfish.com

• 2 weeks later...

Reminder today from Don Ross:

Hello fellow travelers,

Just a last minute reminder that today is the last day to sign up for the 10% off Early Bird special for next September's Guitar Weekend.

The weekend of September 16-18, 2005 will feature a concert and workshops by yours truly and special guest Tony McManus, my cohort in the guitar quartet Men of Steel.

Tony's website:

http://www.TonyMcManus.com

Hailed by guitar legend John Renbourn as "The best Celtic guitarist in the world," Scottish musician Tony McManus specializes in bringing the authenticity of musics from Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Galicia and Brittany to life on the steel string guitar. An expert in both fingerpick and flatpick guitar styles, Tony is in high demand as both a performer and instructor, traveling across North America, Europe and Australia almost constantly. Despite the fact that Tony has recently married a Canadian and moved to within a three-hour drive of Cannington, I had to book him almost a full year in advance if I wanted him at all!!

In order to afford you the chance of giving the Guitar Weekend to a loved one (or to yourself!) as a Christmas present, I'm letting you know now about the event. If you register now you can save 10% on the regular registration fee of $500.00 Canadian (approximately $410.00 US or 320 Euro or 225 British Pounds) by booking by November 15, 2004.

You can book your space (and there are only 15 of them!) by calling my personal voicemail at (+1) 416.520.0092 and leaving your Visa or MasterCard information (16-digit number, expiry date and name on the card). Make sure to leave your phone number and email address as well so that you can be notified of your registration and all the details about the Weekend.

You can also register via email by writing to me at

donrossguitarweekend@sympatico.ca

and leaving the pertinent information. I suggest you split the information over at least two emails for added security.

You can also register by mail using a certified cheque or money order by writing to:

Don Ross

Goby Fish Music

253 College St #322

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

M5T 1R5

The Guitar Weekend takes place in the beautiful Victorian village of Cannington, Ontario, Canada, which is situated 90 minutes northeast of Toronto. Toronto's airport is a major international hub and is easily accessible. Many people carpool from the airport and other locations to save money. People traveling from points in the USA may prefer to fly into Buffalo, NY, as it is sometimes significantly less expensive than flying into Toronto. Buffalo is about 3 hours by car from Cannington.

Registrants stay either at my own century home in Cannington or at a neighbour's house in the village. This will be the seventh year for the Don Ross Cannington Guitar Weekend, and all six previous editions have been great successes, with many people attending multiple times.

The Weekend consists of a Friday night song circle, a Saturday night double-bill concert by Tony and Don, and daytime workshops by Tony and Don during the day on each of Saturday and Sunday. The whole event is amazingly well-catered by Peho Marshak, whose gourmet creations have been known to necessitate the purchase of new belts after each Weekend!

So, be the first on your block to register for the September 2005 edition of the Don Ross Cannington Guitar Weekend. This past September's Weekend sold out in five days, so act fast, and at 10% off, it's that much more fun!

Peace,

Don Ross

http://www.DonRossOnline.com

http://www.gobyfish.com