Jambands.ca

Ron Sexsmith/Sarah Slean - Kingston, Nov 23

skelter

Five days! Tickets are selling very well ... don't wait for this one - it's quite likely to sell out!

Get them for $15 at Brian's Record Option, Zap Records, Renaissance, UBS Exchange, Elixir or online at rockcrew.ca.

This is an early show, doors open at 7 PM, show starts at 8 PM.

Also, being as it's a Tuesday, there will obviously be no New Music Night.

Go see this, do yourself a favor.

I caught Fredericton last night. Hot show, if this is the kind of stuff you are into. I had seats A1, and A2 so it was a bit of a treat when they did the no amp thing.

Don Kerr is like Canadas Warren haynes:

Don Kerr played guitar with Nathan Wiley (some kind of weird small 4 string guitar, maybe in the mandolin family?), some drums, and also upright bass with a bow for Sarah Slean, and then he was the drummer for Sexsmith. About halfway through Ron talks about what a genius Kerr is and talks about his dream of them completing the album they are working on. So Kerr steps up with the 4 stringer, Sexsmith on guitar, the bass player on a banjo and the guitarist on a mandolin- and they step up to the front of the stage to do two songs without mics or anything. And I was about 4 feet away! The whole night I could hear the slap of bass strings, real vocals and guitars humming live, instead of coming through the speakers. He played a Lightfoot tune, took every request yelled out, and put on one hell of a performance. Poor turnout though, about 150- 200 people, but as Ron said the last time they were in Fredericton 12 people showed up so they felt like they were making headway. It was magical. I met him afterwards too.........

Awesome, awesome show- that I expected to be good, but not that good.

Sean