Jambands.ca

Royale with cheese

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

Prologue:

VINCENT: But you know what the funniest thing about Europe is?

JULES: What?

VINCENT: It's the little differences. I mean they got the same sh!t over there that they got here, but it's just - it's just there it's a little different.

JULES: Examples?

VINCENT: Allright, well you can walk into a movie theater in Amsterdam and buy a beer. And I don't mean just like in no paper cup, I'm talking about a glass of beer. And in Paris, you can buy a beer at McDonald's. And you know what they call a, uh, a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?

JULES: They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with Cheese?

VINCENT: Nah, man, they got the metric system, they wouldn't know what the fu©k a Quarter Pounder is.

JULES: What'd they call it?

VINCENT: They call it a "Royale with Cheese."

JULES: (repeating) "Royale with Cheese."

VINCENT: That's right.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

So last night I broke my eight year boycott of McDonald's.

I normally avoid eating at this establishment at all costs, and last night was going to be just like all other trips to McDonalds in the past: watching my friends eat their meat by-product burger while I snagged a fry or two. However something happened that made me crack and order a burger: I saw the menu...

There it was, in its full pop-culture glory, the Royale with cheese. How could I resist? In a moment of weakness I ordered the Royale with cheese and large fries. Knowing that I would regret this decision as soon as I finish eating it, I needed something to wash away the guilt... luckily for me McDonalds sells beer. 1776 is the name of the local swill, it is essentially the French equivalent to a Molson Canadian. It doesn't taste too bad either.

It also came to my attention that McDonalds has the cheapest beer in the city. What normally costs 5 euros anywhere else, will only cost you 1.75 at McDonalds. So if you want a cheap night out, McDicks is the place to be!

The Royale with cheese tasted awful.