Jambands.ca

holiday jammin' in Van

starling

How ya likin the PG? I haven't been there since my treeplanting days... memories of the KOA kampground koming back...good times.

You don't want to miss the big NYE party:

Backstage/Upstage Lounge New Years Eve (Granville Island - downtown Vancouver)

4 killer jam bands in 2 different rooms:

Green Room (old skool funk)

Blue Quarter (electro groove)

Themasses (live progressive funk/electronica)

Slammin Jack (psychedelic dancefloor funk)

www.hipstarproductions.com

holla!

weezy...

who woulda thought i'd fall in love with a stinky conservative pulp mill town with next to no music scene? but it happened. my respiratory hates me for it but what can you do? i just love that you can drive 10 minutes and be out in the bush. lovin' livin' with the wildlife! with all the hiking, skating, skiing, snoeshoing out here, i'm a kid in a candy store! sucks about the lack of a jam scene but we're putting together a regular drum circle, there's a few of us who hoop and spin poi and love a good singing circle, so there's hope yet.

next time you visit, you won't recognize it!

won't be able to hit the nye party though. i'll be in the charlottes. a shame that, it sounds great!

wishin you a good dance-on...

stone...

checked the link. thank you. problem is though, that i'm only in for a couple of nights right before xmas. not nye at all. by nye, i'll be in the charlottes, getting blown to pieces by the coastal storms.

what about just general good venues to check out for the 23rd or 24th, that's a thursday and friday?

loving the replies ,

;)

keep 'em coming!

Well, how 'bout this starling... This guy is a very cool musician and a very cool guy who lives in the Queen Charlottes in Rose Bay. He seems to enjoy having people swing by. I don't know if he plays his guitar in the bars or venues (if they exist) in the Queen Charlottes, but I have no doubt he would play it for you around a campfire if you went by. Click here to see the thread devoted to him, which also has his website.

Not too sure yet if anything different is going on, but "Brickhouse" plays in Vancouver 4 nights a week and they're fun as hell (which is pretty damn fun). Thursdays @ the Fairview (Broadway, East of Oak, by the Ramada Inn), and Friday/ Saturday, after midnight at the Yale and Sunday 10:00pm(ish) 'till close @ the Yale.

Definetely worth making an evening out of that.

I really do hope you contact Tassilo. The guy is too cool, and very welcoming and friendly. At the performance I saw, he asked everyone he met to come and visit him in Rose Bay. If you contact him through his site or meet up with him, please tell him that "Corey" who he met at Owen Bird is LOVING his disc!

Any plans to come to Whistler, Starling?