Jambands.ca

Arlo Guthrie at UBC!!! April 19 2005

StoneMtn

• 2 months later...

I think they were cheap; like 30 bucks; but I'm picking mine up at the venue so I don't have them here to confirm that. Check out ticketmaster.ca to be sure

It takes about two hours on the ferry to cross from Victoria, but you have to arrive a bit early, too; especially if you have a vehicle, and there is also travel time to the ferry on the Island (about 20 minutes outside Victoria) and more travel time on the mainland (about another 20 minutes). As well, if you do have a vehicle it's about a hundred bucks round trip (but I don't think you will, in which case I think it's only like 20 bucks). Check out http://www.bcferries.com/ to be sure.

Also the Chan Centre, where Arlo's playing, is a very cool little hall at UBC. It should be great sound.

I haven't seen him in years, but I saw him three times a while back and he came out to meet the audience after the show every time. I think there's a good chance he'll do that again. He's also still entertaining as hell (even if he must be sick to death of playing Alice's Restaurant EVERY SINGLE NIGHT HE'S PLAYED ANYWHERE FOR THE LAST FOUR DECADES). ;)

Let me know if you'll be there.

• 3 weeks later...