Jambands.ca

kevo!

mikey d

did you check out the show the other night? it turned out realy well, our set realy came together alot better then expected. we were a bit worried after not having jammed for a little while, but we just picked out 4 tunes when we got there and we were groovin for the first time in a long time. we played 2 originals, a medley of sco's agogo songs, agogo and hottentot, and red baron by jazz is dead, 2 awesome tunes to jam with. the other bands were half decent as well if you're into the whole hardcore punk thing . . .the trash wasnt going to let underagers in and we had like 30 of our frinds show up so they just charged them and extra 2 bucks because they wouldnt be making money off the bar . . kind of funny how a mayday show, mayday being about anti-capitalism, turns into an event where the venue is desperate to capitalize, eh?

but yeah if you were there let me know how you liked it.

Hey, sorry dude I missed the show! Glad to hear that it went well for you guys though. I'll catch a show soon I hope. Yeah too bad about the all ages nonsense -- the bar probably would've been empty without your friends. I noticed someone spray painted "Bring Back All Ages SHows" or something like that at the side of the Trash eh.

I was there for a bit last night, just saw Wax Mannequin's set -- that guy is funny. Creaking Tree at Charlie's was awesome though.

What's the Festival Of Lights in pbro like?

i was there and it was pretty good, and considering the age of your band really impressive really, if you ever want to get re-booked in teh summer (the trash is doing all ages tuesdays all summer) you should let me know- fistful65@hotmail.com

however the trash really does not money off allages shows often they break even or lose money- bars that lose money close. i've said it before and i'll say it again the gordon best charges 400$ room rental fees, i'd rather have people pay 2$ extra than cough up 400 of my money as a promoter. lets look at the show on tuesday- the bar did 250 bucks- profit 115 after they pay the 2 bouncers and the bar tender profit left maybe 25 bucks and that doesnt account for the rent of the bar. the extra 50 bucks the bar got for making it all ages isnt really very much at all. that means the bar made 75 bucks profit which is pretty small. bars have to make money or they will stop doing shows and hire some crappy top 40 deejay to spin and pay him like 40 bucks.

well kevo the festival of lights is a joke, realy. its senior citizens and teenyboppers, both who are equally frustrated witht he presence of the other group. the s.c's are there for the music, which si genereally not too great, adn the teenyboppers are there too hang out and you know look cool and shit. its an utter waste of time man so dont bother, unless theres a good band. blue rodeo came like 6 years ago and besides that not many good bands have ever came.

if your not going to ctmf you can check us out on the 16th at the best. if not the improv festival is the following friday, and we have another show on friday the 13th in june. hopefully we can hook up sometime soon.

Archived