Jambands.ca

Beck to Release "Guero"

TimmyB

I can't wait for this album to be released!

from www.rollingstone.com

Beck to Release "Guero"

Innovator's eighth studio album due in March

Beck will release his much-delayed eighth studio album, Guero (which means "White Boy" in Spanish), on March 29th. The follow-up to 2002's acoustic-based Sea Change features a collaboration with the White Stripes' Jack White, as well as production by the Dust Brothers, Tony Hoffer and Dan "the Automator" Nakamura.

"It's pretty aggressive," Beck told Rolling Stone. "I've been working on it for a while, but I ended up doing Sea Change first. I've been wanting to do a record with loud guitars for a long time."

Several of the songs, including "Girl," "Go It Alone" and the album's first single, "E-Pro," which hits radio next month, have been leaked on the Internet.

Much has changed for Beck since releasing his last album: last April he married Marissa Ribisi, twin sister of actor Giovanni Ribisi, and the couple gave birth to a son, Cosimo, shortly after.

Beck recently played two last-minute shows in Los Angeles. He debuted songs from Guero last week during a surprise gig at the Spaceland club, and last Monday, he joined Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder, the Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl and Tenacious D at the Wiltern Theatre for a concert to benefit tsunami relief efforts.

JESSICA ROBERTSON

(Posted Jan 21, 2005)

and last Monday, he joined Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder, the Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl and Tenacious D

man, thats cool enough as it is now, but my pants would be soaking wet right now if this was, say, the mid-90's.

lookin' forward to this new Beck disc... the guy is amazing at everything he does.

lookin' forward to this new Beck disc... the guy is amazing at everything he does.

I too enjoy all of the music that Beck gives to us fans. What artist on the planet has released such diversity as "Odelay" to "Mutations" to "Midnite Vultures" to "Sea Change" and now with "Guero?" Nobody.

Beck does have a pattern to his album releases which I find interesting. Rocking "Odelay." Laid back "Mutations." Rocking "Midnite Vultures." Laid back "Sea Change." And now rocking again with "Guero."