Jambands.ca

The John Henrys @ Black Sheep Inn, Feb 11

bradm

I was checking out The Black Sheep Inn, in Wakefield, QC, and noticed that they list a show with The John Henrys on Friday, Feb. 11 (w/ MoonMovement, which I think I've heard of). The TJH web page doesn't list the show, but I've noticed that they don't keep it up to date very well ::.

As near as I know, there isn't anything else scheduled for that night*, so it might be worth a trip to Wakefield if we can gather enough people (and get enough drivers).

Aloha,

Brad

* Mr. Something Something is at The Rainbow the next night, though.

Are the John Henry's any good live? I listened to their CD a couple times, didn't really get into it, and sold it back to Compact Music... There was really nothing that grabbed me as unique or interesting about the CD. If their live show is different I'll go check 'em out sometime...

AD

Are the John Henry's any good live?

I've only seen them once (but not for lack of trying; the rare time they've done a show, I've usually had a conflict), back in May, 2004 at Cafe Dekcuf, and they kicked my mass hard. Straight-up, all-meat/no-filler country the way it's supposed to be done. No jamming (barely any solos, IIRC), but compact (61 minutes, 17 songs), well-written songs. I've been itching for a chance to see (and tape, if possible) them again. I haven't heard their CD, so can't compare it to their live show, but the band I saw in May, 2004 is one I want to see again.

Aloha,

Brad