Jambands.ca

Wintersleep Mar. 5th @ The Casbah!!!!!

U.FProductions

Saw the show last sunday at the Casbah,enjoyed Wintersleep thats for sure,really pearl jam-ish at times but still really good.I just wish they could get the sound better there or at the board I dunno..

I did really enjoy the band that played before them,massive sound and full out rockin vocals.Don't recall who they were though came in halfway through their set.

Saw the show last sunday at the Casbah,enjoyed Wintersleep thats for sure,really pearl jam-ish at times but still really good.I just wish they could get the sound better there or at the board I dunno..

I did really enjoy the band that played before them,massive sound and full out rockin vocals.Don't recall who they were though came in halfway through their set.

Wow, Esau, you don't dig the sound at Casbah? I have to say, the MAIN reason I took the gig at Casbah last year was because of the sound. Way better than all the main venues in Hamilton in my opinion. Frankly, I've experienced it as a common opinion.

The band you walked in on was JON-RAE & THE RIVER. They return Sunday May 15th with THE SINGING SAW SYMPHONY (yes 9 people playing JUST saws) and POLMO POLPO.

ps: Wintersleep is fantastic. More importantly some of the nicest people I've met in this little industry we call rock and roll.

Wow, Esau, you don't dig the sound at Casbah? I have to say, the MAIN reason I took the gig at Casbah last year was because of the sound. Way better than all the main venues in Hamilton in my opinion. Frankly, I've experienced it as a common opinion.

Well honestly,I don't have many issues with the sound,just that it seems ridiculously loud at alot of shows,I've noticed this at Fat Cats,Cuff The Duke,this last show and a couple others.Not too many bars/clubs I've seen Fat Cats at leave my ears ringing after first set and then the next day.I do love loud music mind you but at times the volume is way too loud for the music's own good as well the listener.I know I am not the only person who has thought that in recent months,maybe just the first to mention it.

Well honestly,I don't have many issues with the sound,just that it seems ridiculously loud at alot of shows,I've noticed this at Fat Cats,Cuff The Duke,this last show and a couple others.Not too many bars/clubs I've seen Fat Cats at leave my ears ringing after first set and then the next day.I do love loud music mind you but at times the volume is way too loud for the music's own good as well the listener.I know I am not the only person who has thought that in recent months,maybe just the first to mention it.

Ah, I see. Not a quality issue, it's a quantity issue ;)

I can't say I disagree with you on this. But it is a case-by-case situation. It really depends on the stage volume of the band.

Wintersleep can be enormously loud AT TIMES. But that is what they are going for. The problem that clubs have (especially smaller clubs) is that if they want to have clear, quality sound, they need to have lots of volume capacity in order to combat/overcome bands that have loud stage volume. Without that volume capacity, the result is you get a drownded out singer, or you get unhearable snare drum or something.

So I guess your options with a club situation is either loud all-around (but at least BALANCED audio), or quieter volume (but some compromised characteristics to the sound).

The other option is to not book louder bands. (Which if you know me ain't gonna happen).

I do know the Fatties like the volume at Casbah. They feel like there's more means to "rock out". :)

I have spoken over the years with many friends who agree that the #1 problem with The Casbah (besides getting some semblance of comfortable viewing space) is the sound being too damn loud. My ears really shouldn't be shredded after a Shannon Lyon show, him being with a band notwithstanding.

Never thought this would turn into a Casbah shredding thread. But don't worry, I can handle it.

I've attended many (close to 100 at least) great shows at the Casbah over the years and have seen the bar in it's high times & low times,always coming out as much as possible.So, I am not trying to "shred" the Casbah at all,just air my thoughts on the sound there.Sorry if the input I gave is contrary to what you have heard yourself.

yeah, Brodie, nothing personal. It's still a great place to see a show and I appreciate all the hard work you do. Looking forward to seeing The Sadies there next week, in fact!

I just don't like The Casbah when it is a) too loud or B) too packed.

Some of my favourite gigs have been at the casbah. Didn't mean to snub the place.....Hamilton wouldn't be the same without the venue. I probably drive Doug at PJC nuts with all my comments and suggestions. Soundmen generally don’t like me.

Some of my favourite gigs have been at the casbah. Didn't mean to snub the place.....Hamilton wouldn't be the same without the venue. I probably drive Doug at PJC nuts with all my comments and suggestions. Soundmen generally don’t like me.

Ah you are one of those! ;)

No hard feelings for any of y'all.

You's all good people.

Sometimes I can't help but wonder what the "folk" are thinkin'. Cuz usually the owner is the last to know.