Jambands.ca

upcoming shows at babylon

SaggyBalls

These should be goodies... [color:"purple"] ... ;)

Sat.Mar.5

Babylon Presents:

the sadies w/ The John Henrys, $15 in adv @ Organised Sound, Birdman Sound, and CD Exchange

SunMar. 6

Babylon Presents:

A Night Of Sonic Unyon

Sianspheric w/ sg. A Northern Chorus & Clark

Tues.Apr. 26

Babylon Presents:

Sharon Jones And The Dap-Kings featuring members of Sugarman 3, and Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra

Wed.Apr.27

Babylon Presents:

CARIBOU (X Manitoba) w/ JUNIOR BOYS & RUSSIAN FUTURISTS

me and del saw the john henry's at the pourhouse in september.. thought they were pretty fun! rockabilly-ish. i'll probably mosey down saturday night since xavier got the kaibosh.

also i'd like to check that sharon jones show... they had that playing once at pepper jack's and it sounded wicked. like an all out dancey dance dance show. i've yet to see antibalas but i've had a hankering for some time. damn tuesday night shows, though!!!

Wed.Apr.27

Babylon Presents:

CARIBOU (X Manitoba) w/ JUNIOR BOYS & RUSSIAN FUTURISTS

---

oh man! Mantioba? This might be my March show of choice... Might be a little too 'main-stream electronic' for you folks... but, I really enjoyed the last album, Up In Flames, which I believe was CKCU's 2003 Album of the Year...

On a sidenote, Beats, I played some freephonic on my show this week, and not a few seconds later did the engineer from Caution Press call up and then chat me up about the show. Luckily, I somewhat enjoyed their set, and long story short, they're sending discs to the studio.

Awesome, Tonberry! I enjoyed their set too - I know there's at least one person that would want show and band info if i can post it.

i presume you spoke with tom brown. he was the guy on the keys at the show

i wouldn't call manitoba 'electronic'...they use samples and seem to play with sequences...they have a video to their set. very cool show. I saw them at Lees Palace and in London at Call the Office...definitely better in a bigger venue.

I get off on the dual drummers.