Jambands.ca

Esau Bit torrent help

Swifty

Alrighty...I think I found the link I was looking for,I don't use that BT client (bit tornado for me) so I'm not really up on all the error messages,most though.I like to know how they all work so this is helping me too.

Anyway,it looks like the best solution is a clean install.

Upgrading to a new version of Azureus by using the automatic update feature has sometimes been reported to cause problems in certain situations. Usually it's due to older executables that do not get updated like the core components and plugins do. (I think the error message Unable to Find Main Class is the most common symptom) By doing a clean install, you can be sure every component of Azureus is up to date and get rid of the garbage that's probably piling up in your program directories.

http://azureus.aelitis.com/wiki/index.php/CleanInstall

Thanks Greg. Every time I opened azureus it would go through the install process each time. I just downloaded Bit Torrent 4.0.0 and it seems to be working. It is downloading at 3KB/s. Is that normal? It says it will take 17 days to finish. Thanks for your help!

Hmmm..never even heard of that BT client..LOL

Speed seems slow to me,although if theres only one seed on the torrent then it could be at the other end.

Did you set your port range on the new BT client?

Also,if you use a router and/or fiewall you'll probally have to configure those also to work with the BT.

Not sure if any of this helps ya..hope so.