Jambands.ca

Hot show alert-Breit/Bruebeck/Stewart

Weirdness

Here's a heads up on what is sure to be a great show in the G-spot which will take place April 10th in the afternoon. I caught this trio at the e-bar in town a few weeks back and it was some pretty hot sh!t, strongly recommended that you check this one out if you can make it. The message below from Jesse Stewart(the drummer in the trio) will give you all the details:

Dear friends:

I hope this email finds everyone well and enjoying the arrival of Spring (at long last!). I am writing to let you know about an upcoming performance that I'll be involved in. On Sunday April 10 at 3pm, I'll be playing with guitar virtuoso Kevin Breit and cellist Matt Brubeck. This trio played a few weeks ago as part of the Guelph Jazz Festival's Three Tuesdays fundraising concert series at the Ebar. We had lots of fun so we are going to do it again.

For those of you who don't know, Kevin and Matt are two of the most acclaimed session musicians on the planet. Kevin has worked with an incredible array of people as a sideman (Norah Jones, Cassandra Wilson, k.d. lang, Holly Cole, Roseanne Cash to name just a few) in addition to collaborating with the likes of Bill Frisell and Cyro Baptista and fronting his own groups the Sisters Euclid and Folkalarm. Matt is similarly accomplished having worked with Tom Waits, Sheryl Crow, the Dixie Chicks, Tracy Chapman, Sarah McLachlan, and many others. He was also a founding member of the jazz group Oranj Symphonette and has performed with his father, jazz legend Dave Brubeck. And then there's me who has played with Kevin Breit and Matt Brubeck....

The concert will be the last concert in the Sundays at the Centre series that I've been organizing for the past three years. It will be our 30th concert and most likely our last. I'd like to go out with a bang.

Here are the details:

Where: Guelph Youth Music Centrr recital hall

When: Sunday April 10 at 3 pm (note that this is an afternoon gig)

How much: Tickets are available at the door for $12 or $10 with the donation of a non-perishable food item for the local foodbank. As always, the show is free for young people 14 and under and is very kid-friendly. We'll just be doing one hour long set.

The Guelph Youth Music Centre is wheelchair accessible and is located at 75 Cardigan Street in Guelph. Let me know if you have any questions.

I'll hope to see you there!

With thanks and best wishes,

Jesse