Jambands.ca

"Johnny B. Goode" dies

StoneMtn

Yup. Check out the article by clicking "Full Story Here" (above)...

After the Hackford documentary, Mr. Johnson played with such artists as Richards, Bob Weir and Eric Clapton, and toured from Scandinavia to Australia despite a fear of flying. He appeared on guitarist Buddy Guy's 1994 Grammy-winning blues album, "Slippin' In."

Yup. Check out the article by clicking "Full Story Here" (above)...
After the Hackford documentary, Mr. Johnson played with such artists as Richards, Bob Weir and Eric Clapton, and toured from Scandinavia to Australia despite a fear of flying. He appeared on guitarist Buddy Guy's 1994 Grammy-winning blues album, "Slippin' In."

i have a bad habit of missing the "story" link in posts...this same inattention to detail had me believeing your april fools day post :)

thanks for posting the article....

tim

JohnsonJohnsonImageSml_150.jpg Wow. This is a real loss. Jonnie Johnson was the originator of the rock'nroll boogie that inspires Jonny b.Goode. He hired Chuck Barry into his band.

Jonnie Johnson also toured as Ratdog's piano player in 1996 on the Further Festival tour. I went to 8 of those shows in the US, and seeing Joinnie night after night was a real treat. Ratdog would even go into blues mode and play Jonnie's classic "Tangeray" and jump blues standard "Juke".

What a loss.