Jambands.ca

Evolution on trial in Kansas

SevenSeasJim

TOPEKA, Kansas (Reuters) -- Evolution is going on trial in Kansas.

Eighty years after a famed courtroom battle in Tennessee pitted religious beliefs about the origins of life against the theories of British scientist Charles Darwin, Kansas is holding its own hearings on what school children should be taught about how life on Earth began.

The Kansas Board of Education has scheduled six days of courtroom-style hearings to begin Thursday in Topeka. More than two dozen witnesses will give testimony and be subject to cross-examination, with the majority expected to argue against teaching evolution.

Full Story

Man, I'm sorry (really, I'm not), but these Intelligent Design people are really such a bunch of jackasses, intellectual cowards, and sleight-of-hand power-mongers who help make the US a country to dislike all over the world. Only a psychology that insists that the universe exists to be governed by man (that is the gender-sensitive reading, in fact) and have the gumption to claim that it's part of divine will could get so far. Real scientists everywhere keep saying that the only reason these people keep getting so far is because real scientists don't take them seriously enough to do anything about it. ENOUGH!

Ok, I'm a bit worked up on this one. Long story. I defer to people like Kenneth Miller here. Let's hear it for scientists on the ball.