Jambands.ca

Finding SERIOUS Vancouver musicians

buck

Hello everyone I recently moved to Van. from Kitchener Ont. and hoped to start a new band. My last band was called Six Foot Groove. We played shows with Nero, Fat Cats, Errol Blackwood, Jommoma,Wassabi Collective, Jimmy Swift and so on.....

Since I've been here I found some really talented people to play with. But I am having trouble finding a few elements that are a necessity for a funk band, such as keys, Sax, and Trumpet. Right now the line up is as follows: Drums, Bass, Guitar, Trombone and Female and Male Vox. I'm hoping there's someone out here that is interested in joining an original funk project and loves to get[color:red]FUNKYand isn't full of shit or lazy. We are serious and dedicated with what we do and hope to find poeple who think along the same lines. Our Funk influences include ( James Brown, Meters, Sly Stone, Chili Peppers and Parliment)

So in conclusion. If U or anyone U know is interested please send them my way. We all ready have 1 1/2 hrs. of unpolished music (the hr.and 1/2 is estimted at 4 min. a tune so obviously theres much more than that, seeing as 4 min. isn't a Jam)

Anyway my # is 604-325-5880 hope to here from yall

soon

i'm on my way out to vsn from the ottawa area. I'm looking for work and hopefully to find myself in many scenes where i know I'll attract likeminded individuals that are on my wavelength.

i play funky

i play wierd

i play hard

i play with touch

i play the bass and when the time's right y'all will see the light.

or not if i find myself too busy to be in a band. nobody knows what the future holds...

but yeah. i want to meet real on the level artists that can play really well and that mesh together seamlessly with great communication skills and are serious. i have so many things that i want to do with music that i'm thinking of trying to find the perfect band or just doing projects.

i still have to compose and arrange though...aargh. i wish i had a 4 track or computer to work on.

i love slow dirty jams...live g-funk meets conscious hip hop meets live groove and dub and brazilian/latin/carribean rhythms...

players gotta be able to play slow, keep a momentum and have believable shuffle...

that and some kickass rock...so serious club-worthy r&b/soul/rap/groove/livetronica

or serious indie/roots explosions...

...but i'll always be into jams if i'm into songs too.

i also like the thought of producing

as long as i'm a part of a 3+ piece rhythm section it'll work right...i really think i need a solid rhythm guitarist to hit it right...but we'll see when i get a breath of ocean air.