Jambands.ca

BRAZILIAN PERCUSSION ENSEMBLE COMING TO HAMILTON

kc

FUN FUN FUN!!!

fullbaquesite.jpg

Next Saturday, June 4th at Pepper Jack's

With Ron Eazy spinning Brazilian and Latin Grooves.

www.pepperjackcafe.com

www.nuncaantes.ca

Baque Nunca Antes

Nunca Antes is a high-energy percussion troupe that brings deep rhythm and raw performance to Toronto's streets. Comprised of about 20 dynamic percussionists, the group plays Afro-Brazilian rhythms in a traditional style inherited from the maracatu nations of Recife Brazil. We are a walking sound system with a heavy emphasis on the bass drums, the alfaias. In command of the drums is the vibrant Aline Morales. We play and entertain in any venue and we hold weekly workshops for beginners and people already familiar with percussion and Brazilian rhythms. In the short time since our inception, Nunca Antes has changed the percussive landscape in Toronto, influencing other bands and introducing a new style to the city. The "baque" is the percussion of a maracatu. You've never before seen beats like these!

psmarket2site.jpg

Edited by Guest

That's a Raphi Roter I see in that band eh? I went to high school with that guy! we used to play in Mr. Gefter's Symphonic Band. Well there it is. Long live Gennady Gefter and the Earl Haig Symphonic Band.

Go check out this show.. nothing gets hotter than a hot-assed percussion ensemble.. and I don't imagine Hamilton sees too many of those.

Also of note, Maracatu will be bringing a circus act with them. I'm not really sure what is involved, only that some relatives of the band leader are in the circus and are in town and will be doing a performance at this show.