Jambands.ca

Kevin Smith To Helm Degrassi Feature

Jaimoe

Another ill-advised project.

Here's the blurb from Smith's news page ( http://www.newsaskew.com/ ):

Well, here's one that came in out of nowhere today -- You may recall that CTV ran a story in Canada a few weeks back, stating that Kevin was lined up to direct a feature film based on the Degrassi series. After we ran the piece, Kevin was strangely silent on the topic, which led us to believe there might very well be some truth to the left-field rumor after all.

Today, CTV has that confirmation. In a piece Kevin taped for their entertainment program, in which you get a look inside his plush trailer where he's residing between "Catch And Release" takes, Kevin very nonchalantly REVEALS that he indeed WILL direct a Degrassi feature, at least, that's the plan -- Originally scheduled for the end of the summer, the project's been bumped back a few months to get the script in order. So, we're EXPECTING that Clerks 2 will come up on schedule, followed by the Degrassi gig, then into "Ranger Danger". Don't quote us on that. Just our guess.

Now what's wrong with Degrassi? I think it's one of the best shows on TV these days.

I met Kevin Smith a few months ago, and he told me that he'd been a fan of degrassi since Jr. High was on, and it was like his dream to be in an episode. So I'm not surprised at all that he's directing the movie. And if it's anything like the last Degrassi movie, School's Out, it'll be awesome...